Badge Adhesive Removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Badge Adhesive Removal
What's the best thing to remove the badge adhesive off the car after debadging? It's a foooooker to get off

any suggestions
Thanks given by:
Hope you don't mind me editing your post and thread title a bit buddy, it should help you get a quicker answer!

I'd try autoglym tar removal; it's pretty good at getting most things off, and IIRC that's what I used for my dt debadge way back when Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover (called exactly that)

Trick is to soak the area in this stuff (which is very runny, like water) and leave it for a few seconds, then go at it with either the sharp edge of a squeegee or a tough cloth (which will get f*cked up so don't use a good one).

Works wonders.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Autoglym or thinkers and a heatgun. dont burn the paint though!
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cheersw lads ...... nah no probs mate got me a quick response lool wernt sure what to put ill give it ago were the best place to get it from halfords ????? also was told t cut would do it ????
Thanks given by:
heatgun and a little bit of petrol worked a treat for me ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Get the most of it off with one of the above methods then If theres any discoloration left use tcut on that
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cheers dudes gonna smash it out tonight left the 306 badge on the only took the gay peugeot badge of lol
Thanks given by:
I removed some meridian badges from a guys car with nothing more than a screw driver (careful hands) and a rag with water.
Thanks given by:
yh but ur too far away to do mine lol
Thanks given by:
Meth spirits is really good. Finally got mine off after a year of trying other stuff along the rid strips on my old car and tried meths this weekend and came of so easy.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
wont that take of the paint tho ???????
Thanks given by:
Your all wrong, the correct tool for this job is a fudge wheel (often called an eraser wheel or a pin stripe remover)

Get them on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tex-Eraser-Whe...41714eb10b

I promise you there is much much much much less effort involved than using AG ITR or similar and much less chance of damaging your paint than using a paint gun.
Thanks given by:
Orbital sander

/thread
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I got some universal sticky tar remover stuff from halfords for £5 or something. Removes bubble gum too apaprently. Havent got round to using it yet though!
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 04:46 PM)readie Wrote: wont that take of the paint tho ???????

No I just put it on a cloth or spray it on by putting a top of a spray cleaner bottle and the adhesive just rubs off
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I just use an old Subway card to get the badge off and thinners to get the adhesive off, jobdone.
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best bodywork sealant/adhesive? C.A.R. 18 3,394 13-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Last Post: procta