205 1.8 (XUD7) Alternator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: 205 1.8 (XUD7) Alternator
On the off chance anyone has one, after one posted ASAP as I currently can't use my car!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Errm I maybe corrected but the XUD9 alternators work also.. I've got one on my 1.9 boxer lump and is identicle in terms of setup as my 1.8.. Could post one I suppose...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
You got any pictures Ginge?

I've got a 306 alternator setup but can't see it fitting it honesty.

Also I don't know of any XUDs that came without PAS. So the XUD9 alternator would connect to the crank and the tensioner, I don't know of any belts that size?

Any more info Ginge? Cheers..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
With regards to having a belt for just crank/tensioner/alternator, you know you can get belts in almost any size you want, its just a 6pk xxxx with the x's being however long the belt is in millimeters. Eg 6pk1036. Just measure around the planned aux belt route with sone string then measure it.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:31 PM)silverzx Wrote: You got any pictures Ginge?

I've got a 306 alternator setup but can't see it fitting it honesty.

Also I don't know of any XUDs that came without PAS. So the XUD9 alternator would connect to the crank and the tensioner, I don't know of any belts that size?

Any more info Ginge? Cheers..

On my 1.9 block, it has 2 seperate aux belts with the PAS at the back and the alternator at the front . The crank pulley has an extra pulley attached to run a seperate pump. Does this make sense? So when I come to putting the 1.9 lump in I just disconnect the surplus pulley and pump. I'll try and find some pics

ah here we go, the only side on picture i have on file

Yellow - Alternator drive
Blue - PAS drive.

Notice the extra pulley on the crank end, that's heald in with 4 torx bolts, whipe that of and i'm left with the alternator alone, the alternator setup is the same as my 1.8, and could almost guarantee it's the same as your DT setup

[Image: XcIbUfF.png]
Thanks given by:
@Dan - Cheers Dan, bit of info I didn't know, where would I go about getting a belt made up?

@Ginge - The 1.9 engine I took an alternator off has the PAS at the front below the alternator, never seen one with it at the back. In your picture you've circled a yellow bit, that belt goes direct to from the alternator to the crank right - could you have a look at the part number on it? Is it 4 grove belt or 6? Another issue I have with the 205 alternator is it has 4 groves and the crank is 6 so theres always a chance it'll slip over and shred.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I see - well the engine is at max's so i don't have access to it now, so i coudln't tell you any more than the picture itself - what alternator are you using at the moment? could you not get another one on ebay?
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't worry mate I've bought two 205 ones off GTIdrivers. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Lets hope that alternator is fine after a slight smoke lol

that prick you bought it from gave you some real bad advice regards fitting it..I knew I should have gone with my instinct..
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2013, 11:49 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Lets hope that alternator is fine after a slight smoke lol

that prick you bought it from gave you some real bad advice regards fitting it..I knew I should have gone with my instinct..

Spider senses, can't go wrong. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
With regards to getting a particular belt the size you need, take your measurement into a motor factors and state the length and number of ribs. It's likely a vehicle out there will run the one you need.

For example on my 205 with a '6 engine I run a 6PK700 - a 6 rib 700mm long belt.

You'll take a bit of slack with a tensioner so see what options are in the ball park you require.
Bianca Rallye
1989 205 GTi6 on ITBs
BMW Z4 3.0

Thousands of GTi6 parts availabile.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2013, 08:47 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 11:49 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Lets hope that alternator is fine after a slight smoke lol

Spider senses, can't go wrong. Blush

Ha ha true true

If that alternator needs replacing we know which terminal it is now Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2013, 10:43 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Ha ha true true

If that alternator needs replacing we know which terminal it is now Wink

Lol.. Hopefully it wont need doing again in my ownership..!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wanted: 205 xud7 aux tensioner Poodle 2 856 27-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  For Sale: Td04 to xud7 adapter. Joe205 3 1,182 23-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Stephen
  Wanted: XUD7 con rod zx_volcane 4 1,664 04-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Last Post: zx_volcane