306 estate rear demister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 estate rear demister
Thumbs Down 
Hi

I have a 2001 306 with a faulty rear demister.
I think the button also works the heated wing mirrors but im not sure.

The demister doesnt work at all so the checks ive done show that the fuse is ok, the relay is working, the light on the button illuminates.

There is no power getting to either of the plugs thats go onto the demister but there is continuity between that plug and the wire the goes into the loom. Ive spiked the wire as far down as I can until it goes into the roof space where its not accessible on both sides

Thats tells me theres a break in the wire somewhere but I would have thought it would go where it bends when the boot closes .

Can anyone suggest anymore checks I could do or is there any easy way of getting a new piece of wire to the plug?

Many thanks
Thanks given by:
Havent heard of this one before. I know lines going in the glass is something that cant really be fixed but the entire thing not working must be a broken wire like you have said. Best of luck!
Thanks given by:
This is what mine is like I can't find any breaks in the wire I haven't checked for a reading at the plugs yet so ill try that next
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 06:01 PM)Willo Wrote: This is what mine is like I can't find any breaks in the wire I haven't checked for a reading at the plugs yet so ill try that next

let me know if you get to the bottom of it
Thanks given by:
Will do mate ill try and have a look after work today
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 11:09 AM)scfc_151 Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 06:01 PM)Willo Wrote: This is what mine is like I can't find any breaks in the wire I haven't checked for a reading at the plugs yet so ill try that next

let me know if you get to the bottom of it

This, mine has the same problem
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
First off heres the electrical drawing
this should help when fault finding

first off you need to check the fuse's all 6 of them!
if the fuse's are ok, is the relay clicking when you push the switch? try replacing the relay first
check Voltage at pin 1 and to ground on the rear heater?
check same pin1 via different ground on the car body not the tailgate?

if you have no voltage you probably have a broken wire!

to check said wire's
set meter to continuity (ohms) touch meter leads together should read very low
turn ign off,
to check the ground wire.
touch one meter lead to the ground side of the rear screen and the other to the car body,
this will check the earth from the hatch, to the car for a break should read very low

to check the switch + wire
unplug the + wire at the rear screen/ unplug the relay
touch one meter lead to the + wire at the screen and touch the other wire to pin5 at the relay base (double check you get the right on) reading should be very low

if it is high you have a break which will probably be at moving points in the loom

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 estate rear passenger door lock ginge 3 1,205 11-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: ginge
  Estate heated rear window Willo 24 5,614 18-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Willo
  Estate 5x7" Rear Speakers - Recommend me some? Eeyore 9 3,511 31-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo