How to clean intank strainer/filter (D turbo)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clean intank strainer/filter (D turbo)
Righto i got on with this today, fairly simple, screwdriver and a hammer should sort it.
I only took pictures as i put everything back together that why all the bits dont look untouched... Everything was shit high when i got in there!
So first of all under the rear seats is a black plastic cover thingy.
[Image: IMGP2080_zps85665d83.jpg]
Get a screw driver under there and pry it out. Its quite a strong plastic so dont worry about breaking it, im heavy handed as f*ck and i was fine with it.

Next up is undo the hose clips and pull the hoses off. Simples. (Notice the clips in the picture i put on because i didnt want to piss around with the manufacturers ones)
[Image: IMGP2079_zps0792e774.jpg]
And pay attention to where the arrow on the blue bit is pointing.. Needs to go back that way later Smile

So hoses off, push them to the side out the way. Now get your hammer and screwdriver and tap the black plastic ring round anti clockwise. Keep going til it comes off...
[Image: IMGP2076_zps956cb140.jpg]

Now gently lift it up and out the hole lolz. Careful because it will be dripping! Giggidy.
[Image: IMGP2075_zps3c32cc02.jpg]
Attempt to clean the top if you want and i also blew out the fuel passages with a can of wd40.

The strainer/filter will just pop off the bottom, its on there pretty tight though!
[Image: IMGP2074_zps67f798e0.jpg]

Take it to the sink and empty the shit out of it.
[Image: IMGP2069_zps33c1e325.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2070_zps9fb4ce3c.jpg]
Yuck!
I used boiling water and an old toothbrush to scrub it up clean. And then i admired it.
[Image: IMGP2072_zps7138f0c2.jpg]
[Image: IMGP2071_zpsf33c9c31.jpg]

So thats it clean. Pop it back on the bottom:
[Image: IMGP2074_zps67f798e0.jpg]
Then put it all back together. Easy Smile

Also as mentioned below this guide is for a d turbo. Petrols and hdi's will be different because they will have a lift pump here instead of just a pickup.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Nice guide bud think mine would benefit from a clean Smile
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Might be worth adding the tittle prefix "d turbo guides" so it is clear which model it is for. But very useful stuff there, how does all that crap get in there! Lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
^^ i was going to say! The one in my 1.4 and 1.8 never looked like that D:
Thanks given by:
Very nice man Smile Mine is from 1993 and neweer has bin cleanend this way so i might take pictures also Smile thanks man thumbs upp!
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hdi is slightly trickier to do once the pumps out but its not rocket science.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
My dturbo has a different setup but good explained guide bud whichever system people have they will get the idea! Nice one! Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind words. I have adjusted the title and added a quick word about lift pumps on other models to save confusion Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I did mine a few days ago thanks to the guide tom was really easy to do just have to make sure have some jubilee clips ready cos the clips that come off are a pain to try and get back on

Thanks given by:
Mine was different too that but its a good guide as the different pumps are the same basics
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
How do i get mine out, dont want to force anything. 2002 hdi, heres a pic...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would this be the same on the 205? Was a 1.8D previously..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 11:30 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: How do i get mine out, dont want to force anything. 2002 hdi, heres a pic...

as said, you've got the colour codes to help (white - inlet, green - return)

pop them off

You'll have a black "screw" which holds the sender unit down, usually requires a hammer and screwdriver to tap it round, they;re stubborn fucks..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I got it out, but its got stuff attatched to it within the tank can i just pop these bits off?

My bad, just the float was getting hooked.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
don't do this when you've just brimmed your tank... it gets messy
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
thanks...very informative....

now I know its possible to remove the fuel pump/pick/filter etc from above.............one to do a bit later, making sure no crap/water in tank as the fuel filler cap was held in place by the flap!!!!!!!!,

when opened the cap just dropped on the floor..........stripped cap and got key blank ( the real problem as there was no key, the twat had been using it like this for ages ), jumbled the wards and hay presto, a locking cap!!

I Heart this forum..........thanks gents!!
Thanks given by:
I need to do this on mine at some point
Thanks given by:
Awh glad my guide has helped so many Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
possibly a daft question... do you have to bleed the system after doing this
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 03:42 PM)eskimogod Wrote: possibly a daft question... do you have to bleed the system after doing this

No mate lol The hdi obviously primes itself with the lift pump and the xud's suck way more fuel than they need so it'll be fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
FML I took my whole bloody fuel tank out to got to that filter. wish I knew it was that easy!!!

(05-01-2015, 07:48 AM)umperdunk Wrote: FML I took my whole bloody fuel tank out to got to that filter. wish I knew it was that easy!!!
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:48 AM)umperdunk Wrote: FML I took my whole bloody fuel tank out to got to that filter. wish I knew it was that easy!!!

lmao  haha, gutting

Mind, the focus mk1 is like that. No access from seats
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:49 AM)Piggy Wrote:

lmao  haha, gutting

Mind, the focus mk1 is like that. No access from seats

And old firstas.. Just make your own hole and tape some thick rubber over the top haha
Thanks given by:
Hello all iv gone to do this on my Citroen zx Dturbo and what is the plug going into the housing? guessing its the fuel level sensor?
if so when i switch to 10mm lines and bypass this will i lose my fuel gauge?

thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2015, 02:10 PM)kee616 Wrote: Hello all iv gone to do this on my Citroen zx Dturbo and what is the plug going into the housing? guessing its the fuel level sensor?
if so when i switch to 10mm lines and bypass this will i lose my fuel gauge?

thanks Smile

Have you got a picture of that im unsure how you mean. Sure the 10mm lines replace the fuel lines you have now and you have no need to touch the sensor?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to clean out your HDI lift pump strainer Paul_13 6 4,275 04-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Last Post: craig306