changed matrix car wont start ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changed matrix car wont start ?
changed the matrix in a 306 today and now the car wont start done a bit of searching and found this thread http://www.club-306.com/topic/23038-heat...ont-start/ this is the exact same as what is happening mine same plugs the lot ! anyone know whats wrong?
Thanks given by:
Ah i remember that thread...

Yeah what you need to do is go through exactly the process the other fella did, and also check on your ignition barrel for the chip and make sure it's still intact.
Are you sure you've plugged everything else back in?
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 11:12 PM)Rich306 Wrote: Ah i remember that thread...

Yeah what you need to do is go through exactly the process the other fella did, and also check on your ignition barrel for the chip and make sure it's still intact.
Are you sure you've plugged everything else back in?

im fairly sure ive everything connected il try all this fairly shortly i was talking to a man last night and he said the immobiliser could be locked out ? or is this not possible on a 306 Huh
Thanks given by:
You've probably missed an earth or a plug has come out somewhere. It worked before you took it apart i imagine? And if you properly broke something you would of heard a crunch and promptly shit yourself so it cant be all bad :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 10:32 AM)Tom Wrote: You've probably missed an earth or a plug has come out somewhere. It worked before you took it apart i imagine? And if you properly broke something you would of heard a crunch and promptly shit yourself so it cant be all bad :p

the moment i shit myself was when i had it 85% together and tried to start it and it wouldn go however i think i might have found the problem Huh the round thing that slips on over the ignition barrell there are two of the most smallest copper wires known to man running inside to the little circuit board and one is broke would this stop it of starting ?
Thanks given by:
Would have thought that could be the reader for immobiliser if so then youve found the problem, iirc that part is universal so try soldering it and if not nip down to the scrap yard
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Think youv found your problem. IMO if you have only had the dash out and now it doesnt start. It has to somthing in or around the barrel

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 12:50 PM)puglove Wrote: Think youv found your problem. IMO if you have only had the dash out and now it doesnt start. It has to somthing in or around the barrel

I like the way you say "only had the dash out" Dodgy
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
got it sorted ! got the little wire that was broke soldered and bob was my mothers tea pot !also i am NEVER doing a heater matrix again its the worse job known to man how much do people charge to do it anyway?
Thanks given by:
Dead easy, Takes me around 5 hours now all in.
Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 10:19 PM)miles Wrote: Dead easy, Takes me around 5 hours now all in.

i take it you have loads of practice then lol
Thanks given by:
I didnt think it was that bad in all honesty! I reckon i'd be on par with 5/6 hours. I think Krisb said he can one in 3 hours something?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ph3 1.8 16v meridian - wont start, help 306meridian 2 1,531 10-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Last Post: 306meridian
Star ignition lights are on without a key in the switch.. wont start :( lamkov1991 10 2,373 01-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Last Post: lamkov1991
  hdi wont start after the battery going flat 306clot 7 2,712 23-09-2014, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Poodle