TD04 Oil return and Clocking!question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD04 Oil return and Clocking!question
Hi all, right so i got enough rubber piping here to run it to the block but ive found out the turbo needs to be clocked. Ive the big jubilee type clip unscrewed but what else do i need to undo to rotate the cartridge round so that the drain pipe is vertical?

Thanks for all help.
Thanks given by:
Use the oil drain from your old turbo, will prob need to file the bolt holes to match td04, and you may need a slightly longer bit of flexi rubber to got to block, but I got away with using one that came on the car.
Thanks given by:
When you clock the turbo the manifold won't b In th way. I just used the td04 drain pipe with a bit of extra hose on it to meet the block, zx volcanes solution is probably a better soluton tho!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
GT15 oil drain setup (Metal pipe and rubber hose) is a straight fit if you are mounting the TD04 on a GT15 manifold, the metal line bolts straight onto the turbo no problem. If you are using a T2/K14 mani then the GT15 oil line will still bolt to the TD04 obviously, but the rubber pipe might need trimming/not long enough, as the T2 mani means the turbo sits higher up.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 05:35 PM)Harky Wrote: When you clock the turbo the manifold won't b In th way. I just used the td04 drain pipe with a bit of extra hose on it to meet the block, zx volcanes solution is probably a better soluton tho!

Ok so its not clocked yet. I have undone the big silverish jubilee type clip but what else needs undone to split it? I cant see anything else?
Thanks given by:
IMO stick with the TD04 return pipe iirc i span it 180 degrees so cocked opposite way and just put a longer rubber hose in as it not under pressure and i have my make shift catch tank t'd into this too.

As for clocking you need to separate the hotside and the inlet housing from the cartidge carfully as not to catch the blades and then compare this to your turbo youve taken off to get the correct angle for oil return and feed on cartridge and then the inlet housing to point at right angle but be carefull taking apart and putting back together as not to catch blades and f*ck your turbo

I am going to be doing a guide once ive got my spare hotside wastegate welded but wont b for a week or so yet

oh and pull or file down the locating pins

DO NOT TRY COCKING whilst all together unless locating pins have been removed!!!!!!
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaky diesel return line Iaitoo 6 1,630 23-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Oil Return Leaking pugtk 4 1,376 10-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Last Post: pugtk
  Oil return td_dan 1 972 02-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Last Post: silverzx