• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giving up
That's a nice easy fix! Glad to hear it Smile
Thanks given by:
Get it sorted and come dans Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 01:21 AM)David Wrote: Right iv finally given up on these French heaps of shite!

All human error on your behalf sorry but don't blame the car.

(24-02-2013, 12:31 PM)Face. Wrote:
(24-02-2013, 01:21 AM)David Wrote: Right iv finally given up on these French heaps of shite!

All human error on your behalf sorry but don't blame the car.

Also if it's leaking a small but round the rocker cover gasket use it till the new one arrives and there cheap as chips(been there done that on 2 pugs)
Thanks given by:
Right AA have came and looked at it and well the HG has blown! It builds pressure up very fast and blows the heater matrix pipe right off!

I've also got loads of smoke coming out of the oil breather pipe.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Did you do a HG on it before fitting it? If not, sounds to me like you have blown it by running it hot!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There is a high chance it started to go before it went into my car

Thanks given by:
Don't forget Sam owned the car then engine came out of, and Dave said it had no coolant in it when he went to strip it down.
So I'm thinking it was on its way out anyway.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
surprised it wasnt done when engine was out tbh
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 01:03 PM)Just Sean Wrote: surprised it wasnt done when engine was out tbh

It didn't cross our mind at all.

Thanks given by:
if i was going through the effort of putting a new engine in id have everything possible changed/renewed
Thanks given by:
It's hard when you have no money to and you need the car back on the road for the weekend!

Thanks given by:
fair one
Thanks given by:
bummer
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It might not be the HG

Sounds like your matrix pipes are shit as they shouldnt blow out under pressure. The weak point of the system is supposed to be the rad cap so that water comes out the overflow (Ive had enough DTs with head gaskets going to know this)

If you can see the oil leak if from the RC then fix that.

The oil breathers are normally pretty smokey on these cars (its actually often steam/condensation)

120*C isnt an abnormal temperature for oil especially on a tuned turbo charged car.

Did you have the coolant sniff tested to see if theres exhaust gas in it? Have you had a compression test done? Is there any other signs of the head gasket going other than blowing the matrix hoses?
Thanks given by:
There is bubbles coming through the coolant bottle. He got some weird machine outnthat tested the pressure and it rose quite fast. It got whiteish smoke coming out of my oil breather pipe and there was abit of smoke coming out of the coolant bottle.

Thanks given by:
bubbles is not good...but duz depend if its been fully blead

if the pressure rising fast though...thats usually a sure sign
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 02:56 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: bubbles is not good...but duz depend if its been fully blead

if the pressure rising fast though...thats usually a sure sign

He guy fully bled its aswell. So that's two engine within a week!

Thanks given by:
not at all. Just because the HG is gone doesnt mean you need a new engine. You can have a new gasket on it in a day!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Before I get back into modifying old French cars again I'm going to sort out a secondary mode of transport, so if something like this happens there won't be the same pressure to fix it. I know what it's like when something breaks and you need it to get to work, just makes you hate the thing!

But I think if I have another mode of transport ie motorbike then I wouldn't get so annoyed and I can spend time figuring out how to fix it myself instead of getting my dad to do it quickly and I learn nothing,
Hope you get it sorted though man because I love your car!
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 03:14 PM)Niall Wrote: not at all. Just because the HG is gone doesnt mean you need a new engine. You can have a new gasket on it in a day!

I hang got the time or the money ATM to get the head skimmed and all that Sad

Thanks given by:
In all fairness, if you guys were under the impression that the gasket was going before the engine went it, why are you surprised it happened?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 03:53 PM)Niall Wrote: In all fairness, if you guys were under the impression that the gasket was going before the engine went it, why are you surprised it happened?

Sam had someone look at it and they said it was the timing or the injectors so we sorted that out before it went in my car but now I've seen the proof that its the HG it got us thinking back about it

Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 01:01 PM)Chris Wrote: Don't forget Sam owned the car then engine came out of, and Dave said it had no coolant in it when he went to strip it down.

I had problems with the heating when I bout it off you! So dont start blaming me! Atleast dave didnt buy it off me
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 06:08 PM)sam Wrote:
(24-02-2013, 01:01 PM)Chris Wrote: Don't forget Sam owned the car then engine came out of, and Dave said it had no coolant in it when he went to strip it down.

I had problems with the heating when I bout it off you! So dont start blaming me! Atleast dave didnt buy it off me

Calm down big fella or I'm gunna come bum you Wink

Thanks given by:
Sounds fun is there a kebab involved? and I hate when people say because I owned it!! I dont drive like a asshole always let it warm up before I do anything I hate been blamed for it! I had the car at work for about 3 days on amd off the ramp replaced alot of stuff because of the heating issues as soon as I replaced the thermostat it sorted it and it didnt pressurise in the coolant pipe, then I get told that one of the injectors is faulty hence the engine stuttering and the timing was out by the emount of smoke and colour of the smoke, next thing on the list todo was get a new cambelt and headgasket done as I didnt have anything to prove that it uad been done!
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 06:21 PM)David Wrote: Calm down big fella or I'm gunna come bum you Wink

Thats hardly a threat, happened to me once and I could barely feel it.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2013, 06:27 PM)sam Wrote: Sounds fun is there a kebab involved? and I hate when people say because I owned it!! I dont drive like a asshole always let it warm up before I do anything I hate been blamed for it! I had the car at work for about 3 days on amd off the ramp replaced alot of stuff because of the heating issues as soon as I replaced the thermostat it sorted it and it didnt pressurise in the coolant pipes

I blame you for all of it Wink

Bum fun in a kabab shop sounds fun to me. Dw mate i blame the old owner for the car shitting a conrod Wink

(24-02-2013, 06:29 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(24-02-2013, 06:21 PM)David Wrote: Calm down big fella or I'm gunna come bum you Wink

Thats hardly a threat, happened to me once and I could barely feel it.

That's because you take it too often

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving in and scrapping the Pug Pughawk 7 3,473 29-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 3,238 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Feel like giving up :( Piggy 33 8,417 19-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Danny2009