the nad wont start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the nad wont start
Right, little help please, I know its a tud5, but its running a 306 Bosch pump and its basically the same thing anyway.

so she won't start. Couple of says ago had issues with the pump sucking in air, clogged fuel filters from running on anything oil based I could get my hands on.

get her home from derby, and in the morning she wouldn't fire.

I've replaced all the fuel lines in the bay, the fuel filter, the priming bulb, and primed the fuel system so there's no air in it. Also bled the injector lines to make sure they are fine.

she cranks over fine, and I know fuel is getting as the stop solenoid clicks, and when we tried to bump it down the road, white smoke (unburnt fuel) chuffed out the exhaust.

tested the glow plugs, two had infinite resistance, two were open circuit. Whipped them out, and they looked like this :

As two of them are wet and smell of fuel, I'm thinking either those two don't work, or the injectors on the other cylinders are sticking and not injecting fuel.

So. Anyone got any bright ideas?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So have you replaced them glow plugs? They don't look to healthy!! Have you tried bumping it using a tow car?

Not slipped a couple of teeth has it knowing the abuse it gets lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
could it be the heater plug relay perhaps?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 12:44 PM)sammykins Wrote: So. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Stop running it on anything oil-based you can get your hands on?

On a serious note, I'd try and get the fuel lines etc cleaned through. Change the fuel filter(s) again and run a load of injector cleaner through it with pure diesel for a bit and see how you get on.

And replace the f*cked glowies...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Yeah yeah f*cked glowies will be replaced when my mate gets in to run me to halfrauds, the two wet ones don't get hot at all when testing them with jump leads, all the fuel lines and filter in the bay have been changed, I'm gunna run some derv thru it for a while once it gets running again anyway
ruan did have the thought about timing, but I really hope it isn't, had that belt off far too many times.

I'll change the glowies first, gives me a chance to warm.up inside for a bit!

Thanks given by:
check the basket filter in the tank
when i was running my nad on anyold oil this became blocked and wouldnt run the car without primming the filter with the bulb
Thanks given by:
^^ That's how we started it when it cut out during driving last weekend. Had to do it a couple of times!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Maybe my gearbox oil was that rough the nad committed suicide?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
have you cleaned the strainer gauze/pick up in the fuel tank probably blocked there to.
edit forget that cullys already asked you post 6.
Thanks given by:
I did have a go at looking at the intank gauze, but the fuel lines wouldn't come off, and I didn't want to force them cuz they look proper fragile!
I'm still getting fuel thru the priming bulb easily enough tho it doesn't seem to be restricting it
If nothing else works that needs replacing anyway, ill get my hand in thru the gauge sender and have a feel/scrape

Thanks given by:
you will need to take the pick up out as its spring loaded and will need stripping down to clean
Thanks given by:
Ah fun, any tips on getting the fuel lines off?

Thanks given by:
With a naked flame
Thanks given by:
Spray a load of wd on em bud! Worked for my lines

(22-02-2013, 02:40 PM)Just Sean Wrote: With a naked flame

It's a derv Numpty could drop a match in the tank!! f*ck me and you fix choonucks (sp) lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Racoon filter?
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
All sorted chaps, New glow plugs (only ngk ones, no where stocks Bosch ones, wtf??) But she fired up after a couple of cranks, hunting on idle, same as before, all good!

There still seems to.be air getting into the pump somehow tho, think it might need a new set of seals. Later.

Will also get the tank thingy out at some point and strip it down, no doubt Nialls filthy oil from the 1.8 didn't do it any good.

Thanks for all your input guys ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 04:41 PM)sammykins Wrote: All sorted chaps, New glow plugs (only ngk ones, no where stocks Bosch ones, wtf??) But she fired up after a couple of cranks, hunting on idle, same as before, all good!

There still seems to.be air getting into the pump somehow tho, think it might need a new set of seals. Later.

Will also get the tank thingy out at some point and strip it down, no doubt Nialls filthy oil from the 1.8 didn't do it any good.

Thanks for all your input guys ThumbsUp

Dont bitch about my oil! That would of done less than 100 miles so would of been pretty clean!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah but then sat on your garden for 6 months, with what looked like condoms in it. Explain that one you lanky prick!

Thanks given by:
(22-02-2013, 05:41 PM)sammykins Wrote: Yeah but then sat on your garden for 6 months, with what looked like condoms in it. Explain that one you lanky prick!

correct. your mum put them there

oh yes i did!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wont start when warm HDIkyle 0 867 04-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle
  fitted new pump now wont start :( Tonibruce 27 8,814 15-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Help 405 wont start/ turnover pug_dturb 3 1,299 16-07-2013, 11:10 AM