FAO Toms306, A little confession.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Toms306, A little confession.....
Ok so as some of you are aware, i sold the 6 seeing as i needed epic MPGz and bought this

[Image: 0F3D7AB0-FEE6-471D-B0D1-E2523547A044-292...0A9243.jpg]

Well ive had it 3 weeks now and done almost 2000 miles in it and its been averaging about 50mpg and unto 68mpg on the motorway.
If im honest, i am starting to see Toms point about modern cars. Its smooth, cheap to run, very well built and much more refined and to be honest, i dont know why i ever bothered with a peugeot.

NAWT!!!!!!
So i didnt sell the 6. Seeing as tom thought i did, i thought i would go along with it however tom is right in a way. newer cars are nicer and i genuinely mean that. Its quiet, cheap and everything i said above but lacks two major things. Fun and reliability! I havent driven the 6 for a month now. Ace last night was the first time i drove it and i got in it to leave and straight away hated it. Heavy clutch, loads of bangs and rattles, noisy and i was thinking why do i own this bloody thing. Then i got out onto the open road and remember just how epic these cars are.

So basically tom, whilst i agree that modern cars are nice, f*ck you and your opinions!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Repped! Just for the last sentence!
Thanks given by:
Haha epic
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
To be fair I think everyone should have new cars as daily and lying in the drive/garage under a sheet an epic old car just to hoon about in when times are hard and you need a pick me up
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 10:28 PM)the milkman Wrote: To be fair I think everyone should have new cars as daily and lying in the drive/garage under a sheet an epic old car just to hoon about in when times are hard and you need a pick me up

yeah that^^^
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dont listen to the nasty lanky person tom! Tongue
Thanks given by:
I need a pick me up everyday, so I drive the 306 everyday Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 10:28 PM)the milkman Wrote: To be fair I think everyone should have new cars as daily and lying in the drive/garage under a sheet an epic old car just to hoon about in when times are hard and you need a pick me up

This is kind of what im saying
Having a new car is nice. Its very very easy and relaxing to drive but there is no soul to it. You cant feel whats going on and everything is really over assisted. As a daily, the 6 is f*cking horrible to drive after spending a month in the Kia but the 6 did put a huge childish grin on my face yesterday when spanking through the streets of london at 5k (i was trying to keep calm to let others keep up Tongue )
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Thought it would be better than that on fuel tbh, theyre similar to hdi mpg figures.

But yeah, sometimes im the same thinking why do I keep buying these french rattle boxes but I genuinely miss it when im driving anything else.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Agreed, x100000000000000000000000000000000 Big Grin
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
FLOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 10:34 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Thought it would be better than that on fuel tbh, theyre similar to hdi mpg figures.

It probably could be but i have a heavy right foot and its carrying a lot of weight all the time
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 11:25 PM)Niall Wrote:
(19-02-2013, 10:34 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Thought it would be better than that on fuel tbh, theyre similar to hdi mpg figures.

It probably could be but i have a heavy right foot and its carrying a lot of weight all the time

Like a ton of crayola products
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
bravvo . . . i don't hate you half as much now . . . .in fact i may even like you . . .(little bit) . .Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
He's fairy hard to like.
I mean last night at ace... Well I struggled.

And the twat thought I was taking the piss when infact it was the other lanky one Dum-Dum. Pair of gheeys.
Thanks given by:
That's it. I keep thinking why did I buy another 306 hdi when I could of had something newer for my money.

But a good hoon in the hdi makes you wanna touch your self.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

f*ck mpg's if it means I have to drive that lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 07:38 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Some of us on here should start a "f*ck MPG's im enjoying myself" club Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 07:52 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote:

Some of us on here should start a "f*ck MPG's im enjoying myself" club Itwasntme

Ha ha Iam in!!!
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 12:57 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: That's it. I keep thinking why did I buy another 306 hdi when I could of had something newer for my money.

But a good hoon in the hdi makes you wanna touch your self.

I don't know what principles you live by, but i don't need a 306 to make me touch myself lol!! Undecided
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Jonny it's really not a bad car. I was dreading giving up the skoda for a Kia but I actually think the Kia is better. It's just as well built, nice quite engine that isn't out of the 90s like the skoda and its comfy and has some good toys but like any new car, it just isn't fun and like most new cars now despite what Tom says, it's no more reliable than my old French shit box. In fact, it's less reliable because its now on a shade over 2k and has already been in the garage once. The 6 I have done 8k in and all I've had to do is put petrol in it (lots and lots of petrol.....) and a Cam belt but that's preventative maintenance.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Rofl! Knew you wouldn't be able to keep up the pretence for long Tongue

Oh and bucketed 6 as a daily ftmfw
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean about being nice an all, though tbh cars these days are built to a minimum standard. pretty much any new car is going to be nicer/easier to drive than our 19 year old hot hatches, if Iam going a distance ill take the landrover as its a much nicer place to be, and doing 100 miles in mine feels lke 400, maybe Iam just a stubborn old git but I love how raw mine feels, driving a new car is just getting there if you know what I mean
Thanks given by:
But I totally agree with you niall! Big Grin

I never said new cars are more 'fun'......but as a daily, they are MUCH better....on an average commute you just want comfort, quiet, cruise control and a very 'dead' drive. I've been doing f*ck loads of miles in the HDi this month and I actually dread going out in it because its that bad and not even legal now, the only use is I can get everything in it and don't care about it getting damaged. But on the b road, going home at night about once a fortnight when roads clear, the handling doesn't compare to anything newer ive driven BUT also I can't get away from that nag in the back of my head that there's no driver aids, if I f*ck up I will end up crashing and raising my insurance premium, and yes I've lost it a few times powering through corners (the golf understeer was predictable, in the 306 I can get under then loos then overcorrect as well!) - and that to me isn't fun, id rather have the car that grips forever where I'll never find its limits.........but that's the difference between my opinion and the enthusiasts opinion I guess!! Smile

I'm not a good driver, and don't claim to be - after seeing the top gear review on the gt86 I certainty wouldn't own one, I'd much prefer one of the technical electrical cars (but one that actually works, I'm well aware not all of them do) that you watch go round the top gear track with no fuss at all....
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 08:47 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Rofl! Knew you wouldn't be able to keep up the pretence for long Tongue

Oh and bucketed 6 as a daily ftmfw

Bucketed stripped caged s16 as a daily!!! That's win right there ha ha
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 08:41 AM)Niall Wrote:

Jonny it's really not a bad car. I was dreading giving up the skoda for a Kia but I actually think the Kia is better. It's just as well built, nice quite engine that isn't out of the 90s like the skoda and its comfy and has some good toys but like any new car, it just isn't fun and like most new cars now despite what Tom says, it's no more reliable than my old French shit box. In fact, it's less reliable because its now on a shade over 2k and has already been in the garage once. The 6 I have done 8k in and all I've had to do is put petrol in it (lots and lots of petrol.....) and a Cam belt but that's preventative maintenance.

But that's to be expected. Nothing new is perfect is it, sometimes parts get manufacturing defects while being made. Sometimes the manufacturers just underestimate the wear rate on a new part.

But as i said in another thread, after the initial warranty items in the first few months, I bet you'll get several years without things breaking. The first owner of your 6 may well have had it in the garage several times under warranty in the first year.....but if all those things are sorted early on then the next few years should be fine.

Just to add to this, Mums swift is coming up to 8 months and not had any faults at all....
Thanks given by:
A part of me sort of knew you hadn't flogged the '6 because of your posts (most obviously ordering new plasma dials for it, you knob!) but I didn't want to call it in case I was wrong...

Tom, sadly you represent the modern driver. All you want to do is get from A-to-B, without delay or even minor discomfort. You basically want a lounge that moves you about.

Also, just because your old VW had aids doesn't mean it will save you if you screw up! Surely it's better to be a more talented driver than to be more reliant on electronics to keep you on the black sticky bit in between the hedgerows?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 09:14 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: A part of me sort of knew you hadn't flogged the '6 because of your posts (most obviously ordering new plasma dials for it, you knob!) but I didn't want to call it in case I was wrong...

Tom, sadly you represent the modern driver. All you want to do is get from A-to-B, without delay or even minor discomfort. You basically want a lounge that moves you about.

Also, just because your old VW had aids doesn't mean it will save you if you screw up! Surely it's better to be a more talented driver than to be more reliant on electronics to keep you on the black sticky bit in between the hedgerows?!

Why are people obsessed with the VW? lol The stability control in that was still old tech and its much better these days. I still slid out and clipped a few kerbs understeering (but with triple the torque I should add!). However it was more the predictability of feeling the edge of grip, then the clench moment where the ESP locks a wheel to bring you back on track (until it fails and you end up clipping kerbs/verges as above lol).

But I totally agree with your second point, I dont want a stripped out race car as a daily....who would? I just dont see why you'd want to be uncomfortable on a boring commute surrounded by traffic for hours everyday - but each to thier own. Equally I wouldnt take a top spec Q7 for a track day, cars have to suit the individuals needs and purpose, if we all wanted the same then every car would be exactly the same and there'd only be one manufacturer in the world lol.

And talent isn't something you can buy - you've either got it or you haven't, I've driven over 40,000 miles since passing my driving test - practice really doesn't make perfect! lol But also, you cant tell me you or anyone here has 100% concentration on the road, 100% of the time. Everyone makes mistakes, some have more distractions than others, not gonna lie, with all the shit going round my head I cant really concentrate on anything atm, and now you've got a baby, I'd assume you spend some time dealing with that whilst driving. Distractions are everywhere, and its 'nice' to have a buffer for when you do make a mistake in my opinion. Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 09:14 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: A part of me sort of knew you hadn't flogged the '6 because of your posts (most obviously ordering new plasma dials for it, you knob!) but I didn't want to call it in case I was wrong...

I picked up on this one and even asked.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's happened to Toms306? Silky 7 2,388 02-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Silky
  Happy Birthday Toms306 Dum-Dum 24 4,365 15-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Toms306
Heart Happy birthday Toms306! WiNgNuTz 26 3,329 15-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Toms306