Door speakers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door speakers
Am I right in thinking the front door speakers (estate) are 6.5 inch ??

If so what ones are best they will be running of the hu don't want mega sound just something better than standard ones
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Yup. 6.5 inch with a maximum mounting depth of 67mm iirc. However you can nudge that out a bit more
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's right, just watch the depth. Depends how much you're looking to spend, my money would (and has) go on Focal. But if you amp them it'll make a big difference.
Thanks given by:
Will just be running of the hu if I decide to amp them it won't be till next year at the earliest
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2013, 06:24 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah that's right, just watch the depth. Depends how much you're looking to spend, my money would (and has) go on Focal. But if you amp them it'll make a big difference.

this!
Obviously its dependant on budget but if you have £150 or less for front speakers, go for a set of Focal 165VB's! They are amazing for the money but they are so much better when on a amp! Ive got a set in mine run off a Boston Acoustics amp and the sound quality is amazing and they can produce some serious punch if needed if you dont have a sub!

Oh and on a 3dr, the speaker depth is less. 53mm iirc.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking like £40 max at the moment lol
Thanks given by:
Will you be putting a sub in at all?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah 12 inch db audio raptor x2
Thanks given by:
If your ever thinking of upgrading the rears, put the money from them towards the fronts as well. The front speakers are the most important. The rears you can happily use standards because they are only there to fill the rear (giggidy). I have mine set to 75% front and 25% rear just because it sounds wank at 5050
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Wasn't gonna bother with the rear ones my front ones are shite think they have got wet at some point and there only cardboard aye they
Thanks given by:
FLI Comp6s!
Thanks given by:
What bout these

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...1163530334
Thanks given by:
what will the difference be between normal speakers and a set of componants sound wise
Thanks given by:
Components have cross overs which split the treble and mid range up. So you have tweeters under the mirror caps for the treble and the other speakers for the lows. It sounds a lot better imo as the two different sounds are coming from different places.
Thanks given by:
Do they come pre wired never used them before are they easy to fit
Thanks given by:
These are my choices which do you guys think would be best

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/edge-street-ed206.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pio-tsg1...1721i.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/edge-street-ed306.html

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/fli-audio-comp6.html
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 05:06 PM)SRowell Wrote: Components have cross overs which split the treble and mid range up. So you have tweeters under the mirror caps for the treble and the other speakers for the lows. It sounds a lot better imo as the two different sounds are coming from different places.

Its not that they come from different places. It sounds better because there is a dedicated speaker to treble and one to mid range so they can both be designed specifically for the job they serve.

Wiring is very simple. you just have your 2 wires from the HU to the cross over then 2 from the crossover to the tweeter and 2 to the woofer. simple. You can normally adjust the sensitivity of the tweeters as well to personal taste.

Go for pioneers out of all of them. Avoid fly especially Edge!!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Go focal for the front even the access 165ca1's (£110 a pair) sound awesome compared to rivals. yes they cost more but focal sound heavenly.

on the rears alpine sxe-1725s as niall correctly stated they for rear fill and for the price you can't fault them.

Willo if you get a chance come down to ace on the 18th and listen to mine or nialls set and then make a decision. Both set up different mine is totally flat but is old school powered with alpine hu with them speakers and nialls is new school with kenwood HU and focal 165vb's

then you can make a very good decision without buying and getting disappointed with inferior speakers.
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 10:30 PM)Kwik Wrote: Go focal for the front even the access 165ca1's (£110 a pair) sound awesome compared to rivals. yes they cost more but focal sound heavenly.

on the rears alpine sxe-1725s as niall correctly stated they for rear fill and for the price you can't fault them.

Willo if you get a chance come down to ace on the 18th and listen to mine or nialls set and then make a decision. Both set up different mine is totally flat but is old school powered with alpine hu with them speakers and nialls is new school with kenwood HU and focal 165vb's

then you can make a very good decision without buying and getting disappointed with inferior speakers.

yeah it is alot to spend on a set of speakers but you wont believe the difference between a cheap set and a set of vocals. I know in comparison to some, 165vbs are pennies but the difference is amazing!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yea speakers can get to silly money but honestly niall heard mine got a set of access then upgraded to vb's after he auditioned them lol.
Thanks given by:
I'll see what I can do bout getting down to ace thanks for the advice
Thanks given by:
I know it's about 100 miles but you get the bonus of good food and company and auditioning speakers without no sales pressure lol
Thanks given by:
Sounds good to me ill have to nag me boss about getting the night off
Thanks given by:
Wicked and i just put a thread in meets section
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2013, 10:54 PM)Kwik Wrote: I know it's about 100 miles but you get the bonus of good food and company and auditioning speakers without no sales pressure lol

Well i wouldnt say that. the way i go on, you would think im a sales rep for focal Tongue
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-02-2013, 07:34 PM)Niall Wrote:
(26-02-2013, 10:54 PM)Kwik Wrote: I know it's about 100 miles but you get the bonus of good food and company and auditioning speakers without no sales pressure lol

Well i wouldnt say that. the way i go on, you would think im a sales rep for focal Tongue

lmao
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  decent set of door speakers? Andydavies306 5 1,885 24-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Door Speakers LewisG 2 1,004 29-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Fitting door speakers? JTaylor2005 2 1,342 29-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005