Fuel pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel pump
My girlfriend has a ph3 1.6 306 with whining fuel pump so it needs changing and was just wondering if there are any differences in any of the pumps? Is the gti6/xsi fuel pumps the same/ph1,2 etc.

Also the car has a stutter at about 2-3.5k rpm and sometimes it refuses to start I think this is down to the fuel pump does anyone agree with me on this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have owned 306`s for years but have only had the xu engines lol
Thanks given by:
They do make a slight whine but generally you cant hear it when the cover and carpet is over it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-02-2013, 05:41 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: My girlfriend has a ph3 1.6 306 with whining fuel pump so it needs changing and was just wondering if there are any differences in any of the pumps? Is the gti6/xsi fuel pumps the same/ph1,2 etc.

Also the car has a stutter at about 2-3.5k rpm and sometimes it refuses to start I think this is down to the fuel pump does anyone agree with me on this??

Any help would be greatly appreciated I have owned 306`s for years but have only had the xu engines lol

could be mate, i had the same issue on my old 1.6 . . . sometimes wouldn't start as the pump was on it's way out, got another 15 quid from scrapyard 3 years later it's still fine . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
this is quite bad lol. you can heat it when driving down the road with the radio on lol.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loud fuel pump callumh122 8 1,957 28-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Piggy