• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2.1 Sedan. scrapped
is that a marine engine? haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 04:53 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: is that a marine engine? haha

It is on a bfo truck that was in a scrap yard that me and Andy went to yesterday Smile that turbo is massive Rofl

Thanks given by:
I was looking at a scania I found in hereford city spares, the intercooler was the size of a 306 bonnet haha.

Anyway I think Il have a think about gearbox mounting a td05 and finding something smaller to spool it
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That sounds like a good plan mate will be epic Smile

Thanks given by:
tempted to bodge together a straight through over the weekend using this as a backbox. 3.5" titanium Big Grin
[Image: IMAG0289_zps9a242c69.jpg]

also have a box of mitsubishi evo exhaust bits i can hopefully join together to make the center sections
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
titanium? sweet...how did you get ya hands on that!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 06:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: titanium? sweet...how did you get ya hands on that!?

was in with a job lot of rally parts my old man bought. id hate to think how much it would cost new,probably alot more than both my 306's put together haha, light as f*ck, but bet it was an absolute bastard to weld!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
flipping awesome metal...my wedding ring is titanium
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 06:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: flipping awesome metal...my wedding ring is titanium

Haha, because gold isn't manly enough
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2013, 06:37 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(05-04-2013, 06:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: flipping awesome metal...my wedding ring is titanium

Haha, because gold isn't manly enough

gold is for my grandad...titanium is where its at...platinum of course for the wifey

will those evo exhaust bits help you mount your td05?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think Il get the manifolds done In stainless rather than random exhaust bits like I did on the hatch, yeah It does the job but looks gash when the surface rusts starts, Il be getting that remade in stainless too at one point
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
the warm weather has left me feeling really motivated to actually do something so treated the sedan to an oil change, cleaned the airfilter, cleaned all the boost pipes out, steamcleaned the engine, fitted decent speakers to the front doors and finally wired in the boost gauge Smile

also trial fitted a straight through but need to get hold of some decent exhaust pipe to make a proper one, it certainly goes alot better without the restricting silencers though

[Image: sedany_zps2f2ee61c.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
good times mate. hows she going, when you gonna get her on the dyno?

have you done a fuel filter on her at the same time, she likes those.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 09:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: good times mate. hows she going, when you gonna get her on the dyno?

have you done a fuel filter on her at the same time, she likes those.

its going really well at the moment mate, in fact its the only peugeot ive ever owned where everything actually works haha.
I put my ground lda pin off the hatch in since its not using it at the moment, livened the turbo up a fair bit Smile

im going to be building another hybrid pump with zx_volcane for her and get it on the dyno after that unless another rr day pops up before that happens, i am pretty interested in knowing how much torque there is as its still surprising me now and then with the explosive wheelspin Big Grin
i checked the fuel filter, its still clean, been running on straight diesel since the last change.
going to tackle the rust under the rear door seals this week, after that the shell will be mint, i might even change the wing lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
the filter will look clean but if you aint slipping the clutch it isnt clean.

good to know that as always Ive sold an absolutely solid reliable car with no problems only to buy myself a shit box
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 09:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: the filter will look clean but if you aint slipping the clutch it isnt clean.

good to know that as always Ive sold an absolutely solid reliable car with no problems only to buy myself a shit box

hahaha, very true. when i was driving it home from yours i was so paranoid about every vibration and rattle expecting something to break lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I might have to come visit her some time.

miss you car Sad
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I might have to come visit her some time.

miss you car Sad

hows your cabby? guessing you haven't had time for any car stuff with moving house, you still in the same part of london?

hopefully be getting round to color coding the black plastics soon and lowering so itl look as good as it goes
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nice now the weathers changed! I've been out doing bits too, how bass the rust?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:38 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Nice now the weathers changed! I've been out doing bits too, how bass the rust?

you know the lip under the door seals on the roof? its that thats started to rust away, gonna wire brush the worst of it off, treat it with some phosphoric acid and respray before it gets any worse
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 10:04 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [quote='Dum-Dum']
hows your cabby? guessing you haven't had time for any car stuff with moving house, you still in the same part of london?

hopefully be getting round to color coding the black plastics soon and lowering so itl look as good as it goes

The cabby is going well. lots of bits happening but the house move has slowed it down. Had to put alot if effort into clearing the garden so I fan get my workshop put in. Spent at least 3 hours a day up to 8 at most doing it for the last week. 4 large trees felled, shrubs trimmed, shed flattened and cut up ready for the dump just gotta get rid of the base and the dead fox underneath. I moved to Aylesbury which is about 40 miles north of London.

Got my wheels making a great coffee table, 6 manifold in the cupboard and a lowering kit at my mum's. She looked beautiful yesterday with the roof off but desperately needs a,wind deflector.

Not gonna out up a project thread till I've had her a month. Got loads of photos though.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2013, 10:25 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 10:04 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: [quote='Dum-Dum']

The cabby is going well. lots of bits happening but the house move has slowed it down. Had to put alot if effort into clearing the garden so I fan get my workshop put in. Spent at least 3 hours a day up to 8 at most doing it for the last week. 4 large trees felled, shrubs trimmed, shed flattened and cut up ready for the dump just gotta get rid of the base and the dead fox underneath. I moved to Aylesbury which is about 40 miles north of London.

Got my wheels making a great coffee table, 6 manifold in the cupboard and a lowering kit at my mum's. She looked beautiful yesterday with the roof off but desperately needs a,wind deflector.

Not gonna out up a project thread till I've had her a month. Got loads of photos though.

sounds like its going well then dude, aylesbury is only about 1.5 hours away Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
About time I updated this/actually did something to worth updating about.

anyway, got some nice color coded doors and skirts ready to go on once the truck tub's replacement has arrived

[Image: IMAG0882_zpsac47225e.jpg]

finally got around to fitting a phase 3 light stalk for twin optic lights
[Image: IMAG0878_zpsc0f25f1e.jpg]

and a new cover for the roof console.
[Image: IMAG0879_zps01209fbe.jpg]

I promise il actually do something exciting soon haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
PH1 front end!!!!

also door handles from the hatch!!!

Oh ..................... Nice bonnet Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 07:19 PM)puglove Wrote: PH1 front end!!!!

Il be collecting a Bianca phase 1 front end soon. it might well end up on the sedan............ or il get it sprayed black for the new one. haven't decided yet :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Sell me the bonnet amd grill Wink
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 07:22 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 07:19 PM)puglove Wrote: PH1 front end!!!!

it has to be done dude, ph1 Bianca is so much win!

Il be collecting a Bianca phase 1 front end soon. it might well end up on the sedan............ or il get it sprayed black for the new one. haven't decided yet :p

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 07:25 PM)sam Wrote: Sell me the bonnet amd grill Wink

I'm still not completely sold on the phase 1 idea, if i had a phase 1 bonnet it would need to be raised on the hinges which wouldn't suit my plans of a smooth euro look.

might try a bonnet and bumper on anyway just to see how it looks
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cut the flap in the bonnet like we discussed at the weekend lmao

Thanks given by:
like this?

[Image: Dougie_Mini_Web-3214.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dum-Dums Stupid HDi Project 2009 - Now Scrapped! Dum-Dum 16 13,421 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum