PH3 Toys and Looks...XUD Engine :D...And Now TD04

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH3 Toys and Looks...XUD Engine :D...And Now TD04
Finally getting round to making this thread. Wasn't intending to do a project thread originally as wasn't sure how much I'd be doing, that's changed a little now Wink

Many of you know this car, was JJ's old one, PH3 HDI converted to an XUD. So in this case, bought not built for me. Which feels weird as my old 306 was standard when I got it so everything was done by me, my mate or Kris.

Spec from the ad:

Bosch pump with Gov mod
K14 turbo adjusted to suit
EGR removed & welded
Boost gauge
Smoked side repeaters
Carbon wrapped mirror covers & fuel cap trims
Lowered 60mm rear properly by KrisB
6 week old TA Technix coilovers
Gunmetal Cyclones with almost new budgets.
Straight through exhaust, 6 week old Centre section, De-backbox, De-cat
De-wipered
Half leather, Half alcantara interior with side airbags
OMP rep dished steering wheel
Flocked mirror covers
Team Heko wind deflectors

[Image: pbrcCX3.jpg]
[Image: De21r3E.jpg]
[Image: N8205TT.jpg]

I'd had it 5 days I think when I went to the Xmas in reading, 2 miles from the hotel the clutch cable went leaving me stuck in rush hour traffic in the middle of reading. Frantic forum posting and Connor came to my rescue. Fixed next day thanks to Ruan and Jonny Big Grin

MOT was coming up so first thing that was done was swapping the rear brake setup from the dragoon as they were working a lot better than the ones on this were lol

Windscreen next, got that changed so no more crack, yay!

Last was the TRE's...attempted them myself, were being a massive lady garden and not coming out the arms so quick phone call to dad and it was going to the garage near his yard. Quoted £70 to change both TRE's and do the MOT which is a great deal. Well, not all went to plan. Got down there for 10am on the Monday and didn't get it back til Tuesday evening. They couldn't get them out either and after 3 hours they'd got one out and left the other soaking overnight. Next day still wouldn't come out so bought a new arm...arm wouldn't come out the rack. Tool guy was there and showed them a special tool they could use to get the arm out but they had to buy it. He missed out on a few MOT's because of mine taking up space...all that just to change 2 bloody TRE's.
Thanks given by:
Bit jealous!!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Oh my baby <3 I miss it!
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2013, 05:29 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Oh my baby <3 I miss it!

So why sell it?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So the K14 didn't last too long. TBH at 28psi it probably was always a case of when not if it was going to die. Now makes a strange whining noise at max boost and whistles a lot earlier than it originally did so has been unused for a couple weeks now while I've been gathering parts

[Image: 7G8SjjM.jpg]

TD04L-13T/6 Big Grin (Never knew these had water cooling aswell as oil)

Just waiting on some adaptor plates from CJ then I'll be off to KrisB to get it fitted.
Thanks given by:
Good to see this car is still on the forum
Thanks given by:
Love this car! I really want a black 3 door Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
looks good apart from the rear wheel tuck, get some spacers and your onto a full on winner Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Really like this good to see it still on here and a td04 will really set it off Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Looks great!!!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Minor progress, fitted the DT bonnet lining today and mist jets.

Not all the holes lined up so had to make a few new ones in it but is all held up properly now.

[Image: E2iQqG1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lets see who gets the td04 on first Wink

Thanks given by:
Looks amazing! , what colour/paint are the alloys?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 09:42 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Looks amazing! , what colour/paint are the alloys?

Check JJ0063's thread, he painted them when he had the car, think it is gun metal grey but should say in his thread.
Thanks given by:
BMW Sparkling Graphite. Found it haha Smile
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 11:51 PM)martyn92 Wrote: BMW Sparkling Graphite. Found it haha Smile

That might be the first colour, he changed them. It's Rover Gunmetal apparently.
Thanks given by:
Got it in halfords, Rover "Steel Grey" I believe. Smile
Thanks given by:
Will be fitting the TD04 tomorrow, me and my mate, hoping everything goes ok. If I remember I'll take some pics and update this with my success Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looking good...surprised you aint FMIC'n?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 12:03 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Will be fitting the TD04 tomorrow, me and my mate, hoping everything goes ok. If I remember I'll take some pics and update this with my success Big Grin

Try and get some pics might help when i come to fit mine, was hopeing to do mine tomorrow but weather dont look great and only got road to do it on Sad

Thanks given by:
(16-03-2013, 10:00 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 12:03 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Will be fitting the TD04 tomorrow, me and my mate, hoping everything goes ok. If I remember I'll take some pics and update this with my success Big Grin

Try and get some pics might help when i come to fit mine, was hopeing to do mine tomorrow but weather dont look great and only got road to do it on Sad

We ended up doing it in the rain yesterday and today :/

Only got a few photos, got a bit pre-occupied trying to fit it all. It's mostly done, the turbo is clocked and mounted but needs to come back off for the wastegate to be welded as there isn't room for the actuator. Will be controlling boost by fuelling it seems, not what I wanted to do but meh.

Also, bent the circlip pliers I bought so left it soaking in 3in1 overnight and bought some stronger ones.

(16-03-2013, 12:14 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: looking good...surprised you aint FMIC'n?!

Admiral won't insure me with an FMIC and I paid for my year upfront so I'm stuck with them til end of July.
Thanks given by:
Sooo wish I bought this!
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 10:48 PM)Dicky Wrote: Sooo wish I bought this!

Sooo wish I kept this!
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 09:33 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 10:00 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Only got a few photos, got a bit pre-occupied trying to fit it all. It's mostly done, the turbo is clocked and mounted but needs to come back off for the wastegate to be welded as there isn't room for the actuator. Will be controlling boost by fuelling it seems, not what I wanted to do but meh.

Also, bent the circlip pliers I bought so left it soaking in 3in1 overnight and bought some stronger ones.

(16-03-2013, 12:14 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: looking good...surprised you aint FMIC'n?!

Admiral won't insure me with an FMIC and I paid for my year upfront so I'm stuck with them til end of July.

Mines on now, but mine was all set up before i put it on, i had to cut some of the bulk head out to get it to fit, theres defo no way of getting the wastegate/actuator in, Just got an oil leak on the return line to sort this morning. Defo much easier setting it up off the car carnt imagen the ball ache you going though setting it up while the car is in bits.

Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 07:43 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(17-03-2013, 09:33 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(16-03-2013, 10:00 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Try and get some pics might help when i come to fit mine, was hopeing to do mine tomorrow but weather dont look great and only got road to do it on Sad

Mines on now, but mine was all set up before i put it on, i had to cut some of the bulk head out to get it to fit, theres defo no way of getting the wastegate/actuator in, Just got an oil leak on the return line to sort this morning. Defo much easier setting it up off the car carnt imagen the ball ache you going though setting it up while the car is in bits.

Did you do it on your own?

Wastegate is welded now so will be attempting it tomorrow. Does the oil line screw in near the drain on the block? Had a mate helping me dismantle it and he did that part. Looks like the right place but want to make sure so I can avoid oil squirting out of a random hole lol
Thanks given by:
Depends what oil line you got, if its a mk1 it screws in to the standard oil line if you got a mk2 it screws in to the engine block.

I put the turbo on my self yer pretty easy to be fair, mines made easyer by haveing bolts for the manifold not studs so that saves time. I did have ash23 build turbo up tho cos I didnt wana brake it trying to clock it lol

What pipe you useing for the oil return? Think ash put a gt15 pipe on mine just bolted up right pipe was a little short but manged to get it to work

Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 07:20 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Depends what oil line you got, if its a mk1 it screws in to the standard oil line if you got a mk2 it screws in to the engine block.

I put the turbo on my self yer pretty easy to be fair, mines made easyer by haveing bolts for the manifold not studs so that saves time. I did have ash23 build turbo up tho cos I didnt wana brake it trying to clock it lol

What pipe you useing for the oil return? Think ash put a gt15 pipe on mine just bolted up right pipe was a little short but manged to get it to work

I have the mk1 but wanted to make sure I'd found the right place on the block as we took it off completely.

I bought some 16mm pipe from demon tweeks, couldn't choose length so I've ended up with half a metre.
Thanks given by:
You dont have to take oil feed out of block well I didnt just make sure its sealed up when you put it back in, and you should be fine with 16mm pipe, have you cut a hole in the bulk head so it dont hit it? Or hammed it down? Best to do it why turbo out of way as I found out it hit bulk head after bolting it all on ended up drilling it out so I didnt have to take turbo off agin

Thanks given by:
Going to give the bulkhead a few bashes before putting it back in as it was tight, didn't hit but likely will with engine force.

Sealed up? Was just going to screw it back in, I'm guessing there is something I've missed.
Thanks given by:
Genuinely surprised, dum dum definitely 'prepared' the bulkhead..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Diablo PH1 TD04 XUD 176bhp chronic engine Faliure Danny2009 85 24,711 24-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Danny2009