Few questions on Axle and Gearbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few questions on Axle and Gearbox
Ive got a 206 HDi gearbox sat in my shed, and i'm toying with the idea of putting it on my Dturbo due to a lot of motorway driving, the clutch fork looks different to the 306 HDi box, the gearbox i have looks like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=206+hdi...B640%3B480

But the 306 Hdi box/fork looks like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=sa...B480%3B360

Would the 206 HDi box fit somehow?

Also, got a lot of creaking and camber on the rear axle, needs new bearings, would you recommend a whole rear axle change or just to replace the bearings like these?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-CITROE...19d8029a02

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
The HDi box fits, but you need to swap the DT arm assembly onto it iirc. IT's well covered, search.

Creaking on your rear axle means its fooked, find a replacement and refurb it before you put it on the car to be safe, or just play the beam lottery. I chucked one I got off a car I stripped on, looked fine - 60K later it's still plodding on.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 09:10 PM)C2K Wrote: The HDi box fits, but you need to swap the DT arm assembly onto it iirc. IT's well covered, search.

Creaking on your rear axle means its fooked, find a replacement and refurb it before you put it on the car to be safe, or just play the beam lottery. I chucked one I got off a car I stripped on, looked fine - 60K later it's still plodding on.

I know you have to swap the arm, but the arm looks completely different on the 206 hdi gearbox to the 306 hdi gearbox (which would be the ideal swap)
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 08:59 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote: Ive got a 206 HDi gearbox sat in my shed, and i'm toying with the idea of putting it on my Dturbo due to a lot of motorway driving, the clutch fork looks different to the 306 HDi box, the gearbox i have looks like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=206+hdi...B640%3B480

But the 306 Hdi box/fork looks like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=sa...B480%3B360

If this box is off the 2.0l hdi 206 i would imagine it is the same as the 306 hdi box, maybe they changed the push/pull of the clutch fork because of space issues or any number of other peugeot specific brainwaves?

IIRC they also did a 1.4 and a 1.6 hdi 206 which are deffo different boxes.

Ive been wondering if 1 of the later 6 speed hdi boxes would fit on a DT but so far havent found 1 to have a try with or even compare fittings...
Thanks given by:
1.4/1.6 wont fit, 2.0 will and you might be lucky if its an eco.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 09:17 PM)RJDubya Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 08:59 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote: Ive got a 206 HDi gearbox sat in my shed, and i'm toying with the idea of putting it on my Dturbo due to a lot of motorway driving, the clutch fork looks different to the 306 HDi box, the gearbox i have looks like this http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=206+hdi...B640%3B480

If this box is off the 2.0l hdi 206 i would imagine it is the same as the 306 hdi box, maybe they changed the push/pull of the clutch fork because of space issues or any number of other peugeot specific brainwaves?

IIRC they also did a 1.4 and a 1.6 hdi 206 which are deffo different boxes.

Ive been wondering if 1 of the later 6 speed hdi boxes would fit on a DT but so far havent found 1 to have a try with or even compare fittings...

Yeah its defiantly a 2.0l hdi box, I'm just surprised on how different the forks are between the 306 and 206 hdi box
Thanks given by:
Might have been revised for some reason, was it hydraulic or cable clutch for instance, i know some of the 406 hdi's are hydraulic... As its from a 206 i would expect it to be basically the same casting, so identical fittings to the 306 but maybe different internals. Im probably completely wrong on that but with what Peugeot are like for making new cars from parts bins i wouldnt be surprised!
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 09:33 PM)RJDubya Wrote: Might have been revised for some reason, was it hydraulic or cable clutch for instance, i know some of the 406 hdi's are hydraulic... As its from a 206 i would expect it to be basically the same casting, so identical fittings to the 306 but maybe different internals. Im probably completely wrong on that but with what Peugeot are like for making new cars from parts bins i wouldnt be surprised!

Ive just had a look at the gearbox on my car and it looks completely different on how the fork goes in, on the 306 the fork hole is on the top of the box, but on the 206 box the hole is on the front of the box, looks like its a no go for that box Sad
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 09:39 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 09:33 PM)RJDubya Wrote: Might have been revised for some reason, was it hydraulic or cable clutch for instance, i know some of the 406 hdi's are hydraulic... As its from a 206 i would expect it to be basically the same casting, so identical fittings to the 306 but maybe different internals. Im probably completely wrong on that but with what Peugeot are like for making new cars from parts bins i wouldnt be surprised!

Ive just had a look at the gearbox on my car and it looks completely different on how the fork goes in, on the 306 the fork hole is on the top of the box, but on the 206 box the hole is on the front of the box, looks like its a no go for that box Sad

Hmmm, thats very strange, even for peugeot. Put some pics of the 206 gbox up, im interested to see how it differs now as i thought it was the same engine/gbox combo in the 306 and 206 hdi's... More of the peugeot saga of bargain bin cars i suppose, at least 4 options on every part of every model!
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 09:46 PM)RJDubya Wrote:
(14-02-2013, 09:39 PM)Marcus1991 Wrote:

Hmmm, thats very strange, even for peugeot. Put some pics of the 206 gbox up, im interested to see how it differs now as i thought it was the same engine/gbox combo in the 306 and 206 hdi's... More of the peugeot saga of bargain bin cars i suppose, at least 4 options on every part of every model!

Ill put some photos up, ill just get some bits'n'bobs done and ill upload them later on tonight Smile
Thanks given by:
Right ive got some photos of the 2.0l HDi gearbox from the 206, ive highlighted in red, what i think the 306 HDi fork is like. As you can see the fork is different and there is no physical way a DT Clutch fork can fit/work in there. I think i've answered my own question.

[Image: WP_000086_zps330bc198.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Gearbox Questions Esmyth124 4 1,339 20-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Lowering - Recon axle? Newbie questions Dazecoop 14 2,254 28-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: miles