Wet headlining :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wet headlining :(
My car is steaming up a fair bit lately so i went hunting for water (again).
Found the headlining above the passengers sun visor to be all wet and the sunvisor itself was starting to mould Puke

Is there a way to adjust the sunroof? I have sealed the aerial once but im going to do it again so im sure... Is there any other places it could be leaking from? I just cant figure it out, and only having 1 and 2 fan speeds doesnt help.
Cheers all.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Have you cleared the sunroof drainage channels. There's a hole on either side that gets clogged with leaves and crap, shove an opened up coat hanger down there. This stopped the wet roof on my old xrdt.
As you said the other suspect is the aerial, it may need taking off and re-siliconing down
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Im pretty sure those drainers are clear, i'll give that a go later and see if it helps, i dony even care about the wet headlining its just the steaming up that pisses me off!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 03:54 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Have you cleared the sunroof drainage channels. There's a hole on either side that gets clogged with leaves and crap, shove an opened up coat hanger down there. This stopped the wet roof on my old xrdt.
As you said the other suspect is the aerial, it may need taking off and re-siliconing down

Careful doing that. They are only rubber pipes and mostly run inside the car so if you catch it with the end of the coat hanger, you could puncture it.
Got a compressor? Blow it out with a airline.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 05:05 PM)Niall Wrote:
(13-02-2013, 03:54 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Have you cleared the sunroof drainage channels. There's a hole on either side that gets clogged with leaves and crap, shove an opened up coat hanger down there. This stopped the wet roof on my old xrdt.

Careful doing that. They are only rubber pipes and mostly run inside the car so if you catch it with the end of the coat hanger, you could puncture it.
Got a compressor? Blow it out with a airline.

Didn't know that, cheers bud!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
If it helps Tom; i also had this issue - i cleaned the sunroof drains with some pressured WD40/water and they drain fine... unless they blocked since last year..

I traced it back to the door lining, a pressure washer around that area creating some spray inside the car - i also found water draining down inside the A pillar, have a look around that area

I never found an issue though, hope that helps.

GL
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Now i think i may have found it... The water always goes for passenger side (i guess it doesnt like me) i really wanted to look at the sunroof more so i focused around there and noticed the seal just above the drain hole is shagged, the drain hole itself works epicly but i guess when theres to much water for the drain hole to process this seal stops it entering the cabin... Or its supposed to anyway:/ Didnt really see what i could do other than fill it with silicone and hope for the best, maybe one day the sunroof will be removed and a bit of plastic riveted up there but for now i dont want to. Heres a few pictures as a thanks for reading this essay.
[Image: 20130216_172147_zps2f444138.jpg]
[Image: 20130216_172220_zps02e9e419.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  headlining headache dr_jekyll 7 1,027 20-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll