Urgent help needed... electrics!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urgent help needed... electrics!!
Hi guys,

Had a problem with the electrics on my Phase 1 DT.

Driving to work this morning and the battery light kept flicking on whilst driving and stayed on faintly then came on brighter at times.

On way home, the electrics played up, airbag light flickering on and off, radio turning off then on, dash lights dimming and eventually no clock etc. Then speedo dropping to zero, headlights almost not even on.

Then the car cut out in traffic and battery is now completely dead. And I'm at the side of the road waiting for my mate to get back to help.

Help !!
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the Alternator is knackered or the main power cable to the alternator is loose/fallen off
Thanks given by:
Sounds like alternators died. Battery might be dead aswell. Check your battery terminals my friend broke down like this and it was a very rusty earth terminal.
More than likely have to get recovered though chap, best of luck. Welcome to french motoring Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got a mate to lend me his battery and it started fine so has to be the alternator not working!

Cleaned up all earth points and checked terminals etc.

Can only be alternator now. Have got another one to pick up tomorrow, along with a glow plug relay as my car is very difficult to start after fitting new plugs.

Will fit it all at the weekend when I have some time, for now I will just carry a fully charged spare battery with me each day so I don't get stranded!

Cheers
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Traditional recovery on a Mountain bike with a battery! Boom there you go Ash!!
Hope the new alternator sorts the problem out for you
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Your alternator bushes are worn out would i quess, check with voltage meter if you get reading on it Smile
[Image: 62941977.jpg]
Thanks given by:
defo alternator...

get a second hand one cheap and get your knackered one rebuilt by a decent electronics shop
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damaged electrics, possibly relay?? windrushelectrical 0 1,186 08-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: windrushelectrical
  last "whats this for" on electrics pug306driver 3 1,545 18-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Test Rig for Tow Bar Electrics insomaniac45 24 5,890 07-12-2015, 07:23 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam