Cutting compound

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting compound
What is the best cutting compound for the paintwork and what is the best way to apply and use it I've been reccomended to use G3
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Yeah, G3. Depends what you're doing, if you're just painting small bits, elbow grease and polishing cloth is fine. If you're doing a car then a mop would be what you want. Don't forget you'll need to go over with polish and then wax to put protection back on
Thanks given by:
G3 is quite a harsh compound tbh but it is very good stuff. it all depends on what you're using it for.

If you havent done any mopping before id use a DA polisher like a meguires g220, kestrel DAS6 or a dodo juice buff daddy you can hire them per weekend over the net if you dont fancy forking out 120quid on one.
Theres loads of how to vids on youtube
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's the whole car ill be doing what are the best polishes and waxes out there been a long time since I've polished and waxed a car never be arsed lol and how do I prep for g3 ing it do I have to wash it I have heard of clay bars not a clue what it is or how to use it
Thanks given by:
if your looking for good paint renovator stuff
try sonax,

it brings up tired and dull looking paintwork and gets rid of fine scratches,

pic here of my car after using it,

it was dull and faded /scratched before using it,

Thanks given by:
good clean...get a claybar and go over the whole car again damp...removes all the tiny bits of dirt
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
These are the worst bits
Bonnet
[Image: 1C494D64-44BA-4425-BB8F-F8A8CAFDA5FF-440...3D0510.jpg]

Behind drivers rear door
[Image: B7DE2271-3CC7-4F1A-8395-ABE511299E5A-440...B236A6.jpg]

Passenger quarter panel
[Image: 85E81EDF-7225-4E1F-B52E-D5E1BED76B21-440...A5802C.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Here's just what I'd do.

wash the car first with a car shampoo of your choice and not fairy liquid like some people do.Remove all paint contaminants.

I have never used a clay bar but have heard good things and apparently you can use blue/white tack that is wet(keep wet) as a cheap once use clay bar.

then polish keeping the car damp and away from sunshine.Little circles and try using a micro fiber cloth.

Once happy that you've buffed it the best you can.wash it again, and dry the car.
Repeat on any area's you think need another go until your happy with it or it's not getting any better.Wash and dry.

Now for the wax.
Use a new micro fiber cloth and keep it damp and the car out of direct hot sunshine.
Little circles and buff to a haze.Once done use a clean cloth and buff again to remove excess wax.

I'm waiting for the summer to do some areas of the current car.

A car I owned before took six hours but was cover in speckles of house paint and other unknown matter and once done the paint looked new and I had people asking me did I have the car touched up.
Thanks given by:
You're never gonna do that by hand mate, unless you've got arms like popeye

Id hire a mop if I was you
Thanks given by:
I looked last night quickly but couldn't find anything do you know where I can hire from ?
Thanks given by:
Rollupandshine.com
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cutting compound Niall 9 1,661 26-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Jenkosowls