206bhp XUD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206bhp XUD!
Video 
Just stumbled across this on youtube. Apparently it's making 206bhp and judging by the smoke it's certainly got the fueling for it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4FvlH0ukLM
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I'm really no expert with high tuned 1.9 xuds....

but surely thats just wasting fuel?!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's from a laggy turbo, meaning it can't burn the fuel in time, no doubt it's got a massive old turbo on it.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ha ha f*cking hell!! I give the bloke with the camera about a year to live lol

Sounded good for a dirty derv!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yet again, another COMPLETELY incompetent dyno operator!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
as said is lag, if driven by someone thats not a numpty they don't smoke so bad during normal driving. notice it all clears once the turbo spools
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:03 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I'm really no expert with high tuned 1.9 xuds....

but surely thats just wasting fuel?!?!

that's an understatment lol . . . . .thing is yes it is bogging down, but the operator is holding it at lower revs, when it gets on full chat it's burning fairly clean . . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's clean as a whistle on boost, I'm quite interested to know the spec of it. Is it anyones on here?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
surely though that points to a bad pump/LDA setup??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
its due to poor right foot control/ lack of understanding of how to drive a mechanicaly tnued diesel

or that is incredibly hard/impossible to dump the fuel in needed for real power and keep it clean off boost
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Not really it points to a laggy turbo in most cases. Mine coals to f*ck if I plant it at really low revs. LDA helps but not buy much, I like to have my LDA wound quite far in as I've been driving XUD's long enough to know how to control it by throttle.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
yeah....true dat...

my mate has never, litteraly, never driven diesels...

took mine out and was moaning about how crappy it was...but it was driving style mostly...driving it like a petrol...well mostly...it is a bit crappy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:14 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: surely though that points to a bad pump/LDA setup??

If you can make a pump have NO smoke at 1200rpm, come on boost at 2300rpm and then put in 200+HPs worth of fuel ALL on the LDA, be my guest...

But as most people realise after pissing about with LDA pins etc, that you may as well not bother, because all that happens is that you make it really laggy, as you've got NO fuel to spool the turbo up with until the LDA drops and with enough tension on the LDA to make it not drop before the turbo comes in, when you mat your foot, you jam the LDA pin, and it just makes for a horrible drive...

Definitely Irish, judging by the fact that it's got TSW Stealths on.... The number plate confirms it too!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ta Ruan...clearup the braincells falling out my ear as usual

I was making a rather sweeping statement though...

I played it with sound...made a rather big diff...I see what you all saying about bad throttle control and it being clean on boost now...just assumed it was that smokey on boost
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's mine I only register on here a few days ago, it goes well but having problem getting more fuel in up high. Also discovered its still got the Lucas injectors in
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:32 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Yeah it's mine I only register on here a few days ago, it goes well but having problem getting more fuel in up high. Also discovered its still got the Lucas injectors in

be good idea to change them . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
lol

welcome
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cameraman clearly died at the end
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 08:32 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Yeah it's mine I only register on here a few days ago, it goes well but having problem getting more fuel in up high. Also discovered its still got the Lucas injectors in

We need specs!!
Welcome by the way Angel
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
welcome Big Grin and epic!
Thanks given by:
Bosch pump with 11mm plunger some modifying with a drill and lathe. intercooler from a transit and homemade 2.5 exhaust

Going to order a devilsown water inj base kit, get decent injectors and that should be it finished
Thanks given by:
Turbo? lol
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
^^^^ yeah coz surely 206bhp isnt just from a modded 11mm and a fat exhaust??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 09:25 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Bosch pump with 11mm plunger some modifying with a drill and lathe. intercooler from a transit and homemade 2.5 exhaust

Going to order a devilsown water inj base kit, get decent injectors and that should be it finished

yours?

What spec is the motor?, how much boost etc, stock bloick?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah.

It's just a standard block with new bearings. About 2.5bar boost. Probably not too long before it explodes
Thanks given by:
What's the turbo Mark?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
We may find out what turbo it is by the end of this thread lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
wa just about to say, looks while like yours mark, only last time i seen it, it had a spoiler

same turbo i had for a while iirc
Thanks given by:
Yip same turbo as ricky
Thanks given by:
Which is ???? lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: