Vague steering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vague steering
can someone point in the right direction for what's wrong with my 306. the steering feels vague / as if the wheels aren't turning at 100% the same rate when giving it some and i swear she's down on power. i got no idea what to look at first.
Thanks given by:
Scrap it and get a DT. lmao

On a more serious note, id be inlcined to agree with what Nialls just said in the chatbox, check the TRE's to start with, as for the power, when was it last serviced?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
full oil change couple of months ago, filters done as well. she does have over max level oil but that'll get sorted on monday. belts done this year, new brakes, etc, only fed on shell vpower. she's never gone wanting. tbh she ain't been right since the gti6 shocks went on and the bushings were done. that said there was the odd kerb bump during the ice.
Thanks given by:
tre's or wishbone bushes . .P bush in particular . . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Did you replace the ball joints?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the help so far guys. The top and bottom nushes were done [hopefully that'll mean more to you than it does to me] and what GSF are calling 'front track control arms' were done at the same time. Track rods and rod ends were not replaced at the time. Gonna get the parts from GSF as there is one down the road from work but can anyone confirm that the 'tie rod end' from GSF is singular, as in I will need to purchase 2? Also is it necessery to also change the 'tie rod' as well, or if not vital how good an idea vs pain to do is it?
Thanks given by:
Check the steering column to steering rack join is done up properly. That'll introduce a nice little bit of play if it's loose.....
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
And that the steering wheel is properly attached.....
Thanks given by:
Wheel bearing? Can make wheels feel wobbly around carparks if its bad enough.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vague/wobbly steering Tom 15 3,167 12-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Connor