Insurance quotes online

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance quotes online
How do you get a quote for a car with a bosch pump change?

Ive tried numerous sites and the only option i can find under modifications is for "engine - other alterations" which you then have to contact the insurer. After doing this with Admiral ive been told if i do the pump change the car is then uninsurable due to the nature of the mod...

Hoping i get more joy from brentacre and prestige tomorrow but im severely pi$$ed off being on the phone for half an hour to be told i can get a quote even!
Thanks given by:
you mean a swap from Lucas to Bosch? If so, don't declare it, its a standard part. Obviously declare any power mods though.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
As above, would you declare a different brand of power steering pump etc?
No need as they came on the car from the factory
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pretty much as said above. However as it doesn't improve performance bretacre insured the change and didn't charge for it :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Surely if it's not "out of the factory" standard build on the car though it should be declared as a modification? Maybe I'm being too honest.
Thanks given by:
I'm often on here criticising those who don't think Stage 1 tunes should be declared to insurance, but I wouldn't declare a pump change.

Would you tell them you had a non standard brand of tyre? Or a non standard windscreen wiper? Or non standard oil?
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2013, 03:03 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I'm often on here criticising those who don't think Stage 1 tunes should be declared to insurance, but I wouldn't declare a pump change.

Would you tell them you had a non standard brand of tyre? Or a non standard windscreen wiper? Or non standard oil?

Completely different things IMO, but i get the point you're making. I'll refrain from declaring the pump, as you say its an OEM part so not technically an upgrade, and just declare the tuning thats been done and other mods. Ta.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance Quotes - Complete madness. JTaylor2005 13 1,640 02-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Online shops for parts mackat 10 2,951 10-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Paul_13
  admiral/elephant online not taking payment? rtha6551 7 1,988 16-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob