Scratch removal and paint codes.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scratch removal and paint codes.
Evening all,

Not long owned my 306 1.9D turbo and I've managed to scrape a small art of the side of it on my gate post.. Damage isn't massive but it is big enough for me to wanna get rid of it.

However having trouble finding the right paint code as haven't had the log book sent through yet, I think it's M0GQ - Nile blue is there anyway I can find out if I type on my reg number on google or something ? It's an R reg if that helps..

It's still on autotrader so here's a link to it if that helps http://autotrader.mobi/used-cars/advert/...8oc26ocir6

Also of anyone has any recommendations or tips on the best way to get rid of it they would be much appreciated Smile

Cheers, Coops
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 10:59 PM)Coopesh56 Wrote: Evening all,

Not long owned my 306 1.9D turbo and I've managed to scrape a small art of the side of it on my gate post.. Damage isn't massive but it is big enough for me to wanna get rid of it.

However having trouble finding the right paint code as haven't had the log book sent through yet, I think it's M0GQ - Nile blue is there anyway I can find out if I type on my reg number on google or something ? It's an R reg if that helps..

It's still on autotrader so here's a link to it if that helps http://autotrader.mobi/used-cars/advert/...8oc26ocir6

Also of anyone has any recommendations or tips on the best way to get rid of it they would be much appreciated Smile

Cheers, Coops

Hi mate,
open the drivers door and look on the door post/pillar
you shouid see a label with all the codes on, paint code shouid be on there,
Thanks given by:
Ah damn if only I'd known this a couple of hours ago, just gone back to base and the cars at home, was hoping to order some in the week ready for Saturday! Cheers though mate!
Thanks given by:
It's nile blue, M0GQ I believe Smile Worth double checking if you can get to the car though!
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2013, 11:24 PM)Coopesh56 Wrote: Ah damn if only I'd known this a couple of hours ago, just gone back to base and the cars at home, was hoping to order some in the week ready for Saturday! Cheers though mate!

pop into halfords, they will make you a can up,
takes them 15mins,
Thanks given by:
Hmm not sure if I've got the ability to spray it... Was thinking of buying one of those small pots of tip up paint, anyone know if these produce good results ?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Rang halfords and they said they could make a pot up no problem, even though they don't stock it. So cheers for the tip lozz

Just hope they can offer some advice as to whether should spray it or use a touch up pen!
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 03:14 PM)Coopesh56 Wrote: Rang halfords and they said they could make a pot up no problem, even though they don't stock it. So cheers for the tip lozz

Just hope they can offer some advice as to whether should spray it or use a touch up pen!

depends on how bad the scratch is,

hard to guess with no pic,
Thanks given by:
got a pic.. just not sure how to upload it, wouldn't let me from my iphone unless i took it there and then and it's saved into my phone mate

However, on the laptop now and think ive figure it out... Blush

Aha! yes, thats the beauty... as mentioned above, any ideas on damage limitation/ repair welcomed!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I'd go to a proper paint place, i wouldn't trust halfrauds to match :S
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ive never had a problem,with halfords paint,
its done off the code,
car paint fades/lightens with age, so a 100% match sometimes is not possible,

coop, find a very fine brush and give it light coats,
may take a few coats to build it up if its a deep scratch,

Rattle can is better if youve got access to a warm dry place to use
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's a modelling shop near me so was thinking of buying one fro their as they sell some really fine ones, you reckon it would be worth tea cutting the f*ck out of it first to try and bring it out as much as possible?

Could do it in my garage with a rattle can just concerned about getting an even finish as never used one for anything like this before... Think there's more room for error with a touch up set- plus I've used one before for the stone chips on my motorbike...
Thanks given by:
T-cut might work /help.

iwouid use something less abrasive,
iuse sonax paint renovator, its pretty good on some scratches,
Thanks given by:
Will have to get some and give it a bash at the weekend mate, cheers for the advice! Coops
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  paint codes needed :) ash23 3 2,277 16-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Curt
  Paint on paint removal MRiches 6 2,308 28-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Choppin
  Scratch & Chip Repair Kit nooboy 9 2,068 17-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Last Post: nooboy