Any recommendations for a reconditioned rear beam?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recommendations for a reconditioned rear beam?
Anyone know of any good places to get a ready reconditioned rear beam properly done and reasonably priced?

Found this one quite appealing so far

http://www.fraserbrowneng.co.uk/store/in...duct_id=52

Rear end of my car is making worse and worse creaks, groans and knocks, seein as I'm quite attached to the car now and have no intention of letting it go all the jobs that need doin will be gettin done bit by bit and the at the moment it seems the whole suspension set up all round is dying a death so first to be dealt with will be the rear seein as everyone likes a nice & firm rear end Wink
Thanks given by:
http://www.imaxle.co.uk/catalog/refurbis...r-axle-306

You seem to have found the best deal there!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thats as cheap as your going to get my friend

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Your shed Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I did read the guide for a DIY rebuild, gave it some serious consideration but I'd probably get half way through, get angry, fluff it up and then still end up buying one ready done anyway. Not least to mention that if I even set foot in my shed in its current state I'll probably go straight through the floor. Least if I get a proper guaranteed one its one less thing to worry about in theory. Having a terrible time with the rear calipers at the moment so looks like this will be taking a back seat for now.
Thanks given by:
There is a bloke in Leeswood, North Wales called Andy who could provide a rebuilt beam for around the same price. He uses proper Peugeot parts and the quality is second to none. He can build it to the spec you want plus he can do fitting too. He is well thought of on the GTi-6 and 205GtiDrivers forums, goes by the username jord294.

I had a beam built by him for my 306 rally car and I couldn't be more please with it. I will try and dig out a pic.

Don't mess about with refurb companys like the one in the link, you never know what you will get. Andy could tell you some horror stories about 'new, refurbed' beams.

Geoff

Edit: I found the pic

[Image: EE556FDE-06AF-4798-8BC5-5A3274B1D851-649...6c256d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one bud :-) just had a read of a thread on the GTi-6 forum, seems spot on. Like the idea of him been down the road and probably having it all boxed off in less than a day would be a mega plus. Smiles all round, best get saving.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,316 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,391 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,503 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK