Front suspension

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front suspension
Ive got a noise on the front suspension at the moment when i turn the wheels, suspect its a broken spring or the top mount bearings on the way out. Im going to see if i can get some from the scrappy tomorrow and swap the whole section over.

Can anyone tell me if the suspension setup's are different for different models, ie should i look for another DT to get the parts off or would the suspension be much the same for any 306? (except the gti6) Just wondering about different dampers/spring rates etc...
Thanks given by:
They are different. Dont put anything from a 1.4/1.6 on as it will lower on one side and the spring wont deal with the weight of a DT.

Gti/xsi/hdi/1.8xs will all be a good upgrade to the suspention. But you will have to do both sides as springs from any of the above will be stiffer and it will f*ck the handling up if you do one side plus it will leave one side higher than the other.

So to sum up.

Find a DT
Or find gti/xsi/xs/hdi and swap both sides
DONT use 1.4/1.6 items

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Thanks very much, thats pretty much what i thought but wanted to make sure. Much appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Gti springs will raise it! Due to the heavier engine in the gti
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not to doubt you but im genuinely shocked the gti engine is heavier than the XUD
Thanks given by:
It is bud! That's a fact,

Dum dum put gti setup on his hdi and it raised it about 20 mm lol
Thanks given by:
Well you learn something new every day. Thinks for the tip, ill keep clear of the gti kit then... would it be the same with any of the others in that case? Should i just stick to DT suspension?
Thanks given by:
You want dturbo setup iirc, in saying that I mean the model dturbo not just what the engine is, thing is most lowering springs are listed for all of them which is why people moan that 40 mm springs don't lower by 40!! As they should
Thanks given by:
ok, im not looking to lower it at the moment, i just want to get rid of the noise it makes when i turn the wheel. Its a dturbo (model not just engine) so ill have a look for 1 of them to take parts off, at least then it should be the same. Failing that il look for a hdi to take them off i think as thats a similar weight engine iirc.

Thanks again for your help
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front top spring suspension Welshy_Pete 4 1,827 21-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  front suspension johnnygomez 5 1,716 10-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  fitting a front suspension ball joint impotentials 3 2,031 29-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle