Dat Feeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dat Feeling
Does anyone else get this sometimes?

[Image: sweet-jesus-l.png]

I think it's something which should be pretty familiar to all of us who drive 306s.

Nearly all the time the 306 will have an annoying rattle, suspension knock, the engine will make a worrying noise, the dash will light up like a Christmas tree, the CD player will stop working, a speaker is buzzing around, window mechanisms stop working, wiper arms start going a bit mental, the central locking starts playing silly buggers or the indicator relay won't stop bloody clicking...

Then sometimes, out of nowhere, you'll go for a drive and NOTHING is wrong with the car, from start to finish.

You get this feeling of accomplishment, after spending many hours and several pounds of hard-earned, your car is finally whisper-quiet and the turbo feels gutsy and (almost powerful) , entering roundabouts is no longer a game of trying to pin-point that clonk in the suspension but instead it's being able to appreciate the rear beam doing its job properly.

Everything just WORKS.

It's increasingly rare and short-lived amd happened to me on the drive home from work on Thursday (used a hire car on Friday).

Inevitably the car is now showing signs of either a front drop-link or track rod end knock and the aux belt is squeeling like a bitch, whilst the boost gauge has stopped reading altogether because the vacuum hose has popped off.

[Image: Datfeeling.jpg]

Does this happen to you?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes but 3x as much lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I have no idea what you mean. I get in and all I think is:

"f*ck you car, take me where I wanna go"

[Image: yao_ming_meme_new_version_hd_by_guillers...dwein1.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes, I know that feel.

Currently getting TRE's done while it's in for MOT. Hopefully it passes then it's time for a new turbo as mine is dieing. Then fix the RCL. And stop the heater fans from doing as they please. Then change a foglight.
Thanks given by:
I remember that feeling...........once.....
Thanks given by:
not really because i look after and maintain my car properly . . . . . . . . . .

Trolls . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
This used to happen everyday for me. Everything would be normal. No rattlesn lights, knocks anything. Then I put the key in and turn the ignition and it all goes pete tong
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling excited and nervous! highwayman306 36 18,307 26-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  Anyone had that feeling... callumcull 23 7,221 18-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Ever get the feeling you should just give up? burnmw 6 1,974 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Last Post: swampy