uprated anti-roll bars and droplinks etc

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uprated anti-roll bars and droplinks etc
where do you fellas buy your hybrid anti roll bars,
uprated droplinks and strut braces?
I'm looking at spending some money on upgrades for the 306.
Thanks given by:
Theres a group buy for torsion bars and anti roll bars in the parts section :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
PM ripp for a strut brace he makes lower ones superb braces also I just got one myself Smile
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
^ agreed, much better than the lower OMP ones
Thanks given by:
seconded! Also, for droplinks just look on ebay for rose jointed ones. I believe there is a company called R and D development who do them. TBH there all pretty much the same sort of spec and ive heard good things about their ones.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Get a 30mm ARB, the Hybrid ones don't do much at all,
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 10:13 PM)miles Wrote: Get a 30mm ARB, the Hybrid ones don't do much at all,

i always wondered, with the hybrid it goes from 30mm then tapers down to 25ish? Well surely the extra 5mm is pretty pointless as it will just concentrate the forces put on it on the smaller section?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My thinking too, as a bar will twist at the thinnest point and maybe put more load on it. I did buy one once used it for a week and sold it on

yes the larger bars are a pain to fit as you need to machine/replace the trailing arm but if it's worth doing do it right
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 10:51 PM)Niall Wrote:
(29-01-2013, 10:13 PM)miles Wrote: Get a 30mm ARB, the Hybrid ones don't do much at all,

i always wondered, with the hybrid it goes from 30mm then tapers down to 25ish? Well surely the extra 5mm is pretty pointless as it will just concentrate the forces put on it on the smaller section?

No, it's still stiffer than a 25mm bar, but yes, it does concentrate the stress/fatigue at one point.
Thanks given by:
Procta id recomend uprating the bushes aswell. I used vibda technics P bush and powerflex fronts made a big difference

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
My hybrid bar seems fine and had no problems running it. Plus I did not have to machine the trailing arms.
Thanks given by:
That's the thinking of the Hybrid one, Taken from the BTCC I believe which had the same thing to a different degree, but for fast road/track use the 30 is the only option, It makes a huge differance
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear anti roll bar Tidoh2016 3 1,565 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Tidoh2016
  Front Anti Roll bar and bush few questions titch 17 4,094 18-05-2015, 11:06 AM
Last Post: titch
  URGENT! anti roll bar stuck! philpemberton94 12 3,027 08-04-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard