JBL T595 Limited 6x9 Speakers - SOLD!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JBL T595 Limited 6x9 Speakers - SOLD!!
Hi guys,

Up for sale are my limited edition JBL T595 Limited 6x9 speakers.

These are the daddies of the 6x9s world! These were discontinued a fair few years back (originally retailing in excess of £300) but are well regarded as the best 6x9 speakers around. Not your usual rubbish (do some research) and are very, very hard to get hold of!

Power these with an amp, and trust me, people will think you have a sub in the back, the bass they produce is phenomenal!

The speakers themselves were boxed, brand new and never used up until about two months ago went I put them in my car.

So they have only ever seen about a couple of months use, and I haven't had this pair connected up to an amp. They will come with the box, grilles, JBL badges for the grilles, mounting hardware and the user manual.

They are in absolutely immaculate condition.

Basic specs of them are 150w RMS and 300w max.

As they were fitted to a 306, I have left all the cables attached at the moment with the OEM plug connector on the end, which you can see in the pics. So they can literally be fitted straight into a 306 as they are, just need to mount them in your parcel shelf, or fit them to any other car and just wire them up as you would normally.

Price: £120 collected, will post for extra but will need to get a quote as they are very heavy!!

Cheers

[Image: IMG_0216_zps733c8580.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0218_zpsbeb8cf1a.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0217_zps50f3b881.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0220_zpsc04a3c0e.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0223_zpse1067d81.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0219_zps7063e521.jpg]
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
nice speakers i know but if you get £120 for a pair of 6x9's then i will show my arse in halfords window.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
it's worth pointing out to people that these are 4 Ohms and can't be run off a head unit generally speaking, unless you want to fry the amp . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
unless you run in paralell(wrong spelling i know) then you can get it from 8 ohm to 4.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:14 PM)kingy Wrote: unless you run in paralell(wrong spelling i know) then you can get it from 8 ohm to 4.

are you sure you know what you're talking about mate? . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: it's worth pointing out to people that these are 4 Ohms and can't be run off a head unit generally speaking, unless you want to fry the amp . Smile

I thought most car speakers were 4 ohms?
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:16 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 08:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: it's worth pointing out to people that these are 4 Ohms and can't be run off a head unit generally speaking, unless you want to fry the amp . Smile

I thought most car speakers were 4 ohms?

didn't think so mate but if i'm wrong then fair doos . . . Smile

i may be thinking of a 2ohms version they did . . . . i'm unsure now lol . .. . .i'm used to Hi-fi and PA standards tbf . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 08:14 PM)kingy Wrote: unless you run in paralell(wrong spelling i know) then you can get it from 8 ohm to 4.

i think so mate. i was well into installs when i was younger. use to love spl contests and anything over 150 db was classed as feckin load.
basicly if you have a 8 ohm speaker and run it parrelell (wrong spelling) with another wiring it as + to + then negitive to (next speaker) to + then you half the ohms but still keep the power.
thats why you can get subwoofers running @ 1 ohm and still pownding out loads of bass. but you need the amp to suit.
and anything running .36 thd (total harmonic distortion)was classed as good sq.
but if im wrong im sure cully will be along shortly to put me right. lol
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:07 PM)kingy Wrote: nice speakers i know but if you get £120 for a pair of 6x9's then i will show my arse in halfords window.

A set went on eBay back in December for £220, yes they were new, but these have only been used for a couple of months and have the box, manual, absolutely everything, and the price reflects this.

I owned a set a couple of years ago and when I sold them I had a lot of interest and they sold within a few days.

That's not to say that these will sell, but £120 for a pair of speakers of this quality is not bad, and I would ask anyone to hear these (especially when hooked up to an amp) and then make up their mind. Most people are blown away and people can make me an offer anyway Smile

Lets hope they sell, so you have to show your arse in halfords window lol

You will find that almost all car speakers are 4 Ohms. I have run these off of my head unit without any problems at all.

Also worth noting that these are bi-ampable as well if you so wish.

Cheers
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
my bad i was getting confused, they do do a 2 ohm speaker that's similar . . this is what i was thinking of

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-Grand-Tour...39c&_uhb=1

(26-01-2013, 08:29 PM)kingy Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 08:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

i think so mate. i was well into installs when i was younger. use to love spl contests and anything over 150 db was classed as feckin load.
basicly if you have a 8 ohm speaker and run it parrelell (wrong spelling) with another wiring it as + to + then negitive to (next speaker) to + then you half the ohms but still keep the power.
thats why you can get subwoofers running @ 1 ohm and still pownding out loads of bass. but you need the amp to suit.

the lower the impedance/ohmage ends up the more power the speakers drag from the amp . . . . my quite expensive Electrovoice PA amp will work down to about 2.4 ohms but most amps will fry themselves before that . .Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 08:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: my bad i was getting confused, they do do a 2 ohm speaker that's similar . . this is what i was thinking of

(26-01-2013, 08:29 PM)kingy Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 08:15 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: are you sure you know what you're talking about mate? . .:p

the lower the impedance/ohmage ends up the more power the speakers drag from the amp . . . . my quite expensive Electrovoice PA amp will work down to about 2.4 ohms but most amps will fry themselves before that . .Smile

if you get a amp that is 2x100 watt @ 4 ohm = 200 watt.
if you get a amp that can run 2x100 @2 ohms then 400 watt.
again, get a amp that is stable @ 1 ohm and it can run 800watt.
thats if of course you run it in parrellel. ( wrong spelling). lol.
Thanks given by:
Kingy

Parallel lol
Thanks given by:
haha, thats it.
Thanks given by:
THing is, you run them in parallel and you will only have mono audio then. Most new headunits will run either 2 or 4 ohm comfortably but still, with a decent set of speakers, you always want to amp them otherwise its like paying a prostitute for a cuddle. your just not getting the full potential.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 10:28 AM)Niall Wrote: with a decent set of speakers, you always want to amp them otherwise its like paying a prostitute for a cuddle. your just not getting the full potential.

lmao

But you're very much right. I pretty much always run all decent speakers through an amp. As I say, this pair have only had a couple of months use, and I never ran them from an amp. But a previous set I had of these were run off an amp, and my god did they sing!
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 09:17 PM)kingy Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 08:49 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: my bad i was getting confused, they do do a 2 ohm speaker that's similar . . this is what i was thinking of

(26-01-2013, 08:29 PM)kingy Wrote: i think so mate. i was well into installs when i was younger. use to love spl contests and anything over 150 db was classed as feckin load.

if you get a amp that is 2x100 watt @ 4 ohm = 200 watt.
if you get a amp that can run 2x100 @2 ohms then 400 watt.
again, get a amp that is stable @ 1 ohm and it can run 800watt.
thats if of course you run it in parrellel. ( wrong spelling). lol.

almost right, except ohmage doesn't quite split down the middle everytime . .hence why i said 2.4 ohms . .lol
Thanks given by:
ill get my coat.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 12:42 PM)kingy Wrote: ill get my coat.

good idea . .me too, i think this thread has been spammed enough . .lol
Thanks given by:
These are now sold guys, thanks for the interest.

Ash
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breaking gti6 turbo SOLD SOLD SOLD fatlapit 19 6,618 30-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Blandy
  £1 Shipping, No Minimum Spend - Limited Time Only oilman 0 1,172 18-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Last Post: oilman
  MDF Acoustic Parcel Shelf with JBL T595 Limited 6x9 Speakers Ash J 1 4,524 15-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Just Sean