Ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas
I had read on here that some of the 1.8 engines don't like the GTI inlet manifold on them, but then some do... I don't really want to risk it and be the one where my car doesn't get on with the new inlet...

I've got a straight through centre pipe with a nice back box which I do think sounds really good... I just fancied doing a little to maybe give it more power or at least bring it back to its original power as its most likely lost a bit over the years...

I'm going to look into the brakes, will I need front and rear or just the front calipers? Now you said i will need new discs, pads and more than likely hoses, ill have to do a little more saving...

The one thing that is first on my list is smoothing the boot, I nearly had yours but turned it down at the last minute as i couldn't be bothered to get the rear window tinted again...

You say get an induction kit, don't these just make the MPG worse and sound good? I've never heard of any performance difference in fitting a cone filter, just worse fuel economy and maybe a little crisper throttle response but not enough for the loss in MPG...

(25-01-2013, 04:34 PM)cjm_harris Wrote:
(25-01-2013, 03:20 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Will I need the 6 injectors or would I be able to use mine? How much are you looking for the inlet?

Are the brakes any different from the XS and 6? Ill probably take the brakes if they are noticeably better, does the 6 run bigger discs?

I think you will need the injectors, rail etc. And to be honest, for best gains think you need throttle body, sensors, exhaust manifold etc etc for it to work best.

Looking for £20 excluding delivery, but also have exhaust manifolds and most of the other bits you need if you do decide to go down that route, PM me if you do Smile

The gti6 brakes do run bigger discs, yours will be 266 I think and the gti6 are 283mm. I think the gti6 brakes are brilliant, I still run standard with uprated pads, lines and fluid and my car is supercharged Wink

I don't really fancy doing the work fitting the exhaust manifold or having to pay to get it done... Ill probably get the brakes, just need to find some hoses as well, ill try and get the pads and discs too but it will have to wait a while, mainly because I recently fitted some nice brembo discs and feel its a waste of money changing them already when there is nothing actually wrong with them... I just fancy some more powerful brakes
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cjm just contradicted most of what CAR just said lol,

But i think what car has said seems to be the general view on 1.8 tuning now days,

6 brakes are well worth the upgrade trust me 266mm's dont cut it lol Big Grin

All 1.8 xs have the same ECU and thats what couses the issue, so they should all do it,

As for the induction, they only start effecting the MPG when you just wedge it in the middle of the engine bay next to the hot engine, sucking in all the hot air around it. If you but it some where away from heat, where it can suck in cold fresh air , it will improve the car rather than bogging it down and sending the MPG through the roof

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 05:33 PM)puglove Wrote: Cjm just contradicted most of what CAR just said lol,

But i think what car has said seems to be the general view on 1.8 tuning now days,

6 brakes are well worth the upgrade trust me 266mm's dont cut it lol Big Grin

All 1.8 xs have the same ECU and thats what couses the issue, so they should all do it,

As for the induction, they only start effecting the MPG when you just wedge it in the middle of the engine bay next to the hot engine, sucking in all the hot air around it. If you but it some where away from heat, where it can suck in cold fresh air , it will improve the car rather than bogging it down and sending the MPG through the roof

My MPG on my car is pretty pants anyway, get about 50 miles to £10... So your saying if I get a long pipe and direct the cone filter down the bottom of the car like the GTI6 intake is, I would be getting better MPG? I would direct the cold air feed towards the filter as well
Thanks given by:
Needs to be lower on the front Wink looks good dude Smile ever thought of black masks?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 07:03 PM)sam Wrote: Needs to be lower on the front Wink looks good dude Smile ever thought of black masks?

What's black masks?
Thanks given by:
Black mask headlights look at pugloves gti6 and his old phase 2 dt build
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 07:15 PM)sam Wrote: Black mask headlights look at pugloves gti6 and his old phase 2 dt build

Ohh I see what you mean, spraying the silver part black... I'm not sure it would look right on my colour car Huh
Thanks given by:
Looks awseome on moonstone Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 07:29 PM)sam Wrote: Looks awseome on moonstone Smile

Hmmm, I know it looks good on moonstone when the bonnet is smoothed but I think it looks too much on a standard one like mine as mines a clean look and they make it look half customised
Thanks given by:
Eye lids are now off, I cut out a slot in the air box intake under the bonnet like everyone else has been doing... Need to weld my quick shift, fit my new side skirts and sort my air bag light out and she should be perfect
Thanks given by: