ive got a 2001 1.6 meridian estate its nowt special but it gets me to A-b
Thanks given by:
Welcome along
[Image: IMAG0356-1.gif]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the warm welcomes lol,

Im buying a 2.0 convert tomoz,

already put a deposit on it,so ive bought it blindfolded so to speak, Confused
anyone got anypointers on what faults to look out for on it ?
thanks inadvance,

heres apic of the 1.6 merr (platinum silver )

Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club Smile

I'm guessing the 2.0 conversion is to the GTi engine? If so, then listen to it when it starts, if it makes a horrible, loud, tapping sound then walk away as it will have had the cambelt snap at some point in its life and hasn't been repaired properly. Check when the cambelt was last replaced, and whether the waterpump and tensioners were also replaced.
Thanks given by:
Hi,scott
thanks for the reply,

(no conversion lol, what imeant was im picking up a 2.0 convertable, )

ithink its the GTi lump, not sure, im not well clued up on them tbh,
the hdi and the Tu's are normaly what iwork on,

cheers for the info
Thanks given by:
Welcome along . It wont be a gti it will be a 2.0 xsi engine only 134bhp

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Had he said ^^^ beet me to it lol
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha better luck next time sam Tongue

Thanks given by:
Sad 
You was correct scott, (thanks!)

ilet the car tick over and get up to temp, and it was tapping its nads off,

when ifirst got there they had left it parked out side with the roof down everything was soaked,
electric roof wouidnt work so wound it up manualy
the back screen was ripped to feck, and the drivers window mech was in the boot

abs light was on, and brakes was spongy
iwalked away, 220 round trip and 100 quid ebay deposit out of pocket,

if anyone gets offerd a low mileage 70k 2.0 orange convertable in Morcambe lancaster,
avoid it like the plague its Fecked !

only good thing about it was the bodywork was mint, Sad
Thanks given by:
I had a similar problem with a 1.4meridian body work was mint engine ran well, last thing I checked was the radiator, full of oil! Gutted!!! The oil cap was mayo'd too! I ended up buying a 306 1.4meridian with only 60000 miles on it, fsh, all mots since new, new brakes all round even calipers, only problem was the car bodywork had a bit of spray paint on it, my brother in law is a car painter tho! So freebies all round, the other problem was the rubber seal on the driveshaft was hanging off, just greased the drive shaft up, changed the rubber gaiter for £8 and good as new! Well chuffed, you just have to learn to walk away sometimes, although its hard when it looks nice,!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 06:45 PM)Bar3back Wrote: I had a similar problem with a 1.4meridian body work was mint engine ran well, last thing I checked was the radiator, full of oil! Gutted!!! The oil cap was mayo'd too! I ended up buying a 306 1.4meridian with only 60000 miles on it, fsh, all mots since new, new brakes all round even calipers, only problem was the car bodywork had a bit of spray paint on it, my brother in law is a car painter tho! So freebies all round, the other problem was the rubber seal on the driveshaft was hanging off, just greased the drive shaft up, changed the rubber gaiter for £8 and good as new! Well chuffed, you just have to learn to walk away sometimes, although its hard when it looks nice,!

aye yeah best to walk away if there bad ens

been looking at some more but they where Nospeak rough,

imight just put abigger lump in my 1.6 estate, and leave the convertable idea alone,
Thanks given by:
What a shame to hear you ended up down on your deposit! If none of the tapping or other problems were mentioned in the advert I'd have been asking for it back!
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2013, 07:12 PM)Scott Wrote: What a shame to hear you ended up down on your deposit! If none of the tapping or other problems were mentioned in the advert I'd have been asking for it back!

Scott has a point, it wasnt as discribed open a ebay dispute

Thanks given by:
Welcome along Lozz...

Defo be working at getting your hard earned £££s back...had you been made aware of those faults before? If not, which clearly you hadnt, then the deposit should be refunded defo!

Keep looking, there are some nice Converts around
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
welcome lozz. and if your not to fussed about it being a soft top and just after something else why dont you look on here in the sale section usually some right bargains on here aswel as some nice mint well looked after car and everyone will be straight up honest on whats wrong to save wasting money/fuel/time going looking at it ect Smile

oh btw if "ed doe" is selling a car dont buy it!! most likely gonna be tapping its tits off aswel
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Welcome along lozz, and thankyou for the helpful post/PM regarding the indicator stalk/relay clicking, that guide worked a treat, and i am now free of the annoying constant clicking! Big Grin ThumbsUp
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thank all for the replys and the ideas

ive decided to stick with my 1.6 estate, plan is to get abigger engine for it, perhaps 2.0 or imight go the xud route,
iwill do some research first to see whats involved.

@wingNutz glad to hear you fixed the indicator stalk,, fiddly job aint it lol,

this forum is awesome thanks all.
Thanks given by:
Fiddly ain't the word mate! lmao It actually took me longer to put the stalk back together than it did to remove the cowling, get the stalk out, AND take it apart! But was well worth it though, hopefully it will have fully solved it, and wont recur again for some time! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ifixed mine about 3mths ago and its been fine,
Thanks given by: