Goodyear Efficient Grip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodyear Efficient Grip
Hi, I just thought I'd share my recent experience and the tires I've tried with you guys.

I started with the car being on Pirelli P6000, they didn't last to long and weren't too good in the wet. I then tried the Pirelli P6000 powergy, they lasted a bit longer but still weren't up too much in the wet and I hated the way they "tram railed" when worn.

I then was on a budget so went on to the Toyo Proxies T1S, I thought them to be really good in the dry but they were really soft and didn't last too long. Next I went to the The T1R and they were a lot better but still not good in the wet.

I then had a bit more money so opted for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, oh my god these were awesome, loads of grip in the dry, wet and lasted twice as long as the T1R's.

I couldn't afford to get another set and went back to the T1R's but this time round I went to get the F1's again but they had stopped making them in our size so this time I went for the Efficient Grip and this time I was amazed at the reduced amount of road noise, the car felt so much more smooth, the ride felt 10 times better and more sure footed.

So I would recommended the Efficient Grip to anyone who is looking for a good quality tire.

When I was getting quotes I was surprised to find that everyone local to me (Dunstable) quoted £100 more then the old place I use to go Tyretraders.com in Darlaston so was well worth the trip up.
Thanks given by:
How do the efficient grips compare to the f1's for dry/wet grip?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've not really had chance to push them hard yet but they drive like there a lot softer and they feel like there actually gripping the road ( I know that sounds silly but that's the best way I can describe it). Yeah, so basically so far I would go for the efficient grip every time over the F1's. I'll have to see how they get on in the warm temperatures come the summer. So far they've been the best tyre I've had on my car.

Just to note I'm running the 55 profiles and not the 50's.
Thanks given by:
Tyretraders ftw, only up the road
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2013, 05:38 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Tyretraders ftw, only up the road

Yeah they're good lads up there. I was surprised to hear their Perry Bar shop had closed.
Thanks given by:
Price for the tyres?
Thanks given by:
I paid £330 for four tyres fitted from Tyretraders.com. I was getting quoted £440 fitted locally.

Price was for 195/55/15 85H
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MOT fail rear parking brake 8% efficient :S CJ_Derv 14 3,824 15-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Last Post: jonas306
  Michelin Pilot Sport 3 Vs Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 Daniel306 12 2,726 27-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Last Post: C2K
Star Sudden loss of grip.. declantg 26 10,728 20-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Tom