Posts: 3,467
Threads: 186
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
38
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: MG ZR VVC
Don't know if any of you do bootsales but been finding them as a good reason to wake up and make the most of a sunday. Can get some great deals too, like today bought a 2 Ton trolley jack for £2, yes £2
Bought axle stands before for £3 for 4, and my subwoofer+amp for 10.
Also at todays one there was stockcar racing in the field next to us, but they took too long to set up so we headed off
Any else know good places for bargains to put a smile on your face
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2012, 04:51 PM by Toms306.)
I did a couple of bootsales......hated it, barely made the money to cover the pitch and fuel getting there.......and it was full of bloody foreigners wanting everything for 20 pence.
I seemed to get a bit of a bargain yesterday. Used the self service at sainsburys as always and usually put the recipt and all the crap that comes out the machine straight in the bin when I get home.............but good job I looked yesterday, thier price match thing gave me £5.30 to spend on my next shop...so I got my dinner today for nothing lol...sort of.
Posts: 4,193
Threads: 117
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
21
Location: in the pub
Car Model/Spec: needs bwarrrp.
tom, is their anything that you do like. you always seam to be moaning about summat.
steve.. £2 for a 2 ton trolly jack.. its worth more than that if you weigh it in and sub and amp for £10 well you got a right bargin. even if its budget. if you dont like it then you could always make yourself a £ and stick em on flea bay.
Posts: 3,467
Threads: 186
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
38
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: MG ZR VVC
Exactly, I've been keeping an eye on ebay/gumtree for trolley jacks for a while now and they seem to hold their value so if I could make it a regular thing might be some easy $$$ to be had
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
(01-07-2012, 05:03 PM)kingy Wrote: tom, is their anything that you do like
In a word....no.
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
Go troll somewhere else dude. :p
Bargain there Steve, let us know when youre heading to the next and ill come along, always up early anyway.
Posts: 3,613
Threads: 0
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
45
I fecking love car boots. Me & amber go all the time with the puppy.
Never buy anything other than car related things & bits for the dog.
Always feel out of place as without sounding big headed I always try and dress fairly well (smart jeans & branded t shirt) but its always full of foreigners or tramps!
Posts: 2,105
Threads: 170
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
5
Location: west yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: xud 1.9 dturbo
witch one do you go to steve?
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died
Moonstone hdi stage 2
Posts: 7,152
Threads: 130
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
82
Location: Kingston
Car Model/Spec: 106 GO-NAD
i swear i thought the title of this thread was 'hooray for boobies'....
anyhoo, i try not go to boot sales... ill just buy lots more shit i dont need, i already have a garage full of my junk!
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Posts: 2,330
Threads: 36
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Naarwich
Car Model/Spec: DT
(01-07-2012, 08:49 PM)samass Wrote: i swear i thought the title of this thread was 'hooray for boobies'....
good album that!
On the 306 waiting list.
Posts: 7,152
Threads: 130
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
82
Location: Kingston
Car Model/Spec: 106 GO-NAD
(01-07-2012, 08:51 PM)Toxic-Jake Wrote: good album that!
Damn straight!
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Posts: 4,566
Threads: 102
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
9
Location: Sunderland
bargain!! been a good while since i have been to one. there is one every sunday at seaham near where i live.
only other places id say have been scrappies for me.
Posts: 3,467
Threads: 186
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
38
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: MG ZR VVC
Fantastic album
We went to the one in Ashley heath, was pretty big but a bit of a drive from me.
Probs be heading up next sunday Alex so if you up for it gimmie a shout if you still up for coming along, need to return your fuel can and number plate anyway
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
Ah fair play, Ashley Heath isn't that bad a distance.
Would sound like a plan if we weren't doing Beaulieu that Sunday...  Blatantly up for any after that though lol. Oh yeah got that message when i was asleep and completely forgot about it, sorry for not replying.
Posts: 3,467
Threads: 186
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
38
Location: Manchester
Car Model/Spec: MG ZR VVC
Ahhh yeaa, hope the weather picks up or we'll be doing neither lol
No worries happens to me all the time
Posts: 394
Threads: 16
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
5
We've got a couple of really good/large ones round our way, the only problem is I get bored about half way round 'cause of how big they are  .
Although I have had some bargains from there in the past. Thinking I might start going again but looking for certain items, just not sure I'd find them  , that and once I start spending I have trouble stopping
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
i got my sub for £8  Should probably start going to these again!
Posts: 7,347
Threads: 163
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
53
Location: Leeds
Car Model/Spec: 406 HDI
I collect retro games consoles so I go now and again, best bargain had to be the NES stuff I bought last year. 2 consoles with all leads, 5 controllers, 46 games, 2 lightguns, an arcade joystick and a broken console for parts, £22
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
(01-07-2012, 09:43 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Fantastic album 
We went to the one in Ashley heath, was pretty big but a bit of a drive from me.
Probs be heading up next sunday Alex so if you up for it gimmie a shout if you still up for coming along, need to return your fuel can and number plate anyway
Ashley Heath is win! I go there, normally to sell and make a big profit.
Then I walk round and spend it on crap haha
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
|