Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
GTI6 Exhaust Manifold on 1.8
#1
What sort of modifications need to be made to the 6 exhaust manifold for it to fit the 1.8? ive heard that they sit slightly lower so wont line up with a standard 1.8 system
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
#2
Gti manifold and cat. Can use the standard 1.8 mid and rear section.
[Image: sig.jpg]
#3
so they will be a direct fit?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
#4
Yep direct fit. Just need the gti cat. Be aware though you will need to practically take the engine out to fit it!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#5
I was quoted about £100 to get it fitted.
#6
SRowell Wrote:I was quoted about £100 to get it fitted.
or just do it yourself, its really not that hard...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#7
4WayDiablo Wrote:
SRowell Wrote:I was quoted about £100 to get it fitted.
or just do it yourself, its really not that hard...

come do mine then and ill give you £20.
#8
SRowell Wrote:come do mine then and ill give you £20.
fraid it will cost me more than that in fuel to get to you lol

just man up?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#9
How much work is it? Mainly most of the work having to move the engine?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
#10
MiiTCH Wrote:How much work is it? Mainly most of the work having to move the engine?

i think so!
#11
Only just seen this, but you will also want the GTI heat shield or some exhaust wrap for the manifold.
If you end up wrapping it, make sure you didn't miss any bits or leave any gaps. Flames are not a cars best friend lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#12
I have a gti cat and exhaust manifold if your interested?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#13
(20-06-2012, 05:04 PM)Matt Wrote: I have a gti cat and exhaust manifold if your interested?

I may have some use for that.... Will it fit an xsi mid box?

Big Grin
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#14
I have a full gti6 system with magnex cat back for sale
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
#15
(27-07-2012, 05:40 PM)Birk Wrote: I have a full gti6 system with magnex cat back for sale

PM at me bro!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#16
Yeah the gti6 stuff will fit the xsi mid stuff Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#17
(30-07-2012, 03:31 PM)Matt Wrote: Yeah the gti6 stuff will fit the xsi mid stuff Smile

Awesome, where are you based and how much do you want for it?

Big Grin
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#18
Bournemouth. Cat £40 mani £25?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#19
(30-07-2012, 04:20 PM)Matt Wrote: Bournemouth. Cat £40 mani £25?

Dodgy Bournemouth eh? Any idea how much postage would be? Or Should I MTFU and just collect?.....
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#20
We're you from? Meet half way for a few pennies petrol money Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#21
Lewisham buddy, will have to see if she passes her MOT on thursday first lol Confused
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#22
im heading down to Matt's at some point in the next couple of weeks, if you can wait, i could pick it up for you and meet you somewhere? im currently in Esher/Redhill, but am around Kingston way. bit closer than B'mouth lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#23
(31-07-2012, 11:10 AM)samass Wrote: im heading down to Matt's at some point in the next couple of weeks, if you can wait, i could pick it up for you and meet you somewhere? im currently in Esher/Redhill, but am around Kingston way. bit closer than B'mouth lol

Sweet mate! Yeah I can hang on a while, if that's ok with Matt? Big Grin I'll sort you a beer out.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
#24
I do have someone interested in the cat, but if you are definatley having both ill hold onto it, or anyone near your way going to ace day? If you PayPal me I can get it too ace day? Or get it to Sam when he comes down
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#25
Skank, PM me your number bud, and we'll work out meeting so you can grab it off me. I'll be picking it up at Ace on saturday
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 intake manifold Tidoh2016 1 2,451 20-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 0 1,719 02-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: connorp
  Gti6 inlet manifold connorp 11 6,677 25-06-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: welshpug

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)