Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
Reputation:
0
Location: Medway Kent
Car Model/Spec: peugeot 306 xsi 2000cc
Hello, just signed up, need some advice please. I have (or rather the Mrs has) a 306 xsi 2000cc 1995. Having idling problems, going to try renewing the ICV. Local parts centre wants just short of £90 for a new ICV. Saw some on ebay (brand new) for under £20. All it says in the description is that it fits a 306, will this fit the vehicle I have, are they all the same or do they vary. I don't have a part number so hard to tell.
Many thanks in advance.
Posts: 1,037
Threads: 52
Joined: Apr 2017
Reputation:
4
Location: Bath/Bristol
Car Model/Spec: XSi 16v
I'll look up part number for you later n cross reference it to some half-decent aftermarket parts. Don't buy one of the really cheap ones. They tend to be crap.
Posts: 3
Threads: 1
Joined: Feb 2020
Reputation:
0
Location: Medway Kent
Car Model/Spec: peugeot 306 xsi 2000cc
Hello, many thanks for the effort you have given this.
The symptoms are, when starting from cold the engine hunts. When its warm it stalls at idle.
It drives ok normally.
A friend has advised me to remove the ICV & clean it with carburetor cleaner & then refit it.
I think I might try that first & see how it goes from there. Just waiting for some dry weather.
Thank you again for your effort.
Posts: 1,037
Threads: 52
Joined: Apr 2017
Reputation:
4
Location: Bath/Bristol
Car Model/Spec: XSi 16v
Does sound like ICV. Cleaning them rarely works so you'll almost certainly be looking at getting a new one. If you're getting some carb cleaner then clean out the throttle body as best you can while you're there. (Hold butterfly open n clean both butterfly & body).