Posts: 50
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Horsham
09-06-2017, 09:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2017, 09:19 PM by RA306.)
Hi all
I have a 306 HDi stage 2 estate about 168bhp, I love it and I have had it 3 years I think. However I fancy a bit more luxury, I have always fancied a BMW straight six and I like the look of the compacts, anyone had any experience with them and I was also flirting with the idea of a Volvo D5 either a V50 or C30. I just fancy a bit more comfort and electronics (cruise control/automatic lights etc) and a bigger engine. I have also never owned a petrol and kinda fancy it plus the government seems to be cracking down on diesels.
any advice is welcome.
Posts: 50
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Horsham
(09-06-2017, 09:55 PM)MY95 Wrote: The D5's are cracking engines, great mpg/performance blend, volvos also super comfy and safe! Id go C30 D5 or T5! Although whatever car you get it will be no 306! 
cheers, I do like the C30 D5's. Just excited about the idea of RWD and straight 6
Posts: 5,024
Threads: 82
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
27
Location: North Somerset
Car Model/Spec: E92 335i, GTi6, HDi S2
Not a huge fan of the compacts personally but should be pretty decent providing it's been looked after. Engines will be the same as the full size equivalent but only 2.8 max in the compact i believe, they sound great and have a decent wedge of torque. Any reason for a compact over a coupe, saloon, touring etc..?
Posts: 50
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Horsham
(12-06-2017, 09:27 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Not a huge fan of the compacts personally but should be pretty decent providing it's been looked after. Engines will be the same as the full size equivalent but only 2.8 max in the compact i believe, they sound great and have a decent wedge of torque. Any reason for a compact over a coupe, saloon, touring etc..?
Yeah they only go up to the 325ti model, I do like the other 3 series examples but there is something about that 2.5 litre straight six in something the same length as a golf mark 7. Its difficult I have driven different cars but only owned 306's so its difficult to know what will be comfitable but still give me the fizz that my stage 2 does.
Posts: 50
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Horsham
My Girlfriend is traveling so she has given me her 63 Fabia, so might just sell my car and chill.
Posts: 50
Threads: 8
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Horsham
(21-06-2017, 09:19 AM)Eeyore Wrote: 306 looks really tidy D:
Wanna buy it

, cheers tho
Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk