A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END
wtf is going on here?!

[Image: 2016-09-03%2017.13.07_zpshjkaujwg.jpg]
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2016, 05:01 PM)welshpug Wrote: wtf is going on here?!

[Image: 2016-09-03%2017.13.07_zpshjkaujwg.jpg]

That is my make shift loom for the MGF rear view mirror map Lights, i had make one up so that i could get that to work.  I know its crude but it works, going to make a better one up. I have bought some connectors for the job. 
[Image: Picture243.jpg]
At the moment i will be wiring in another feature so my bit make shift thing will be done miles better, It was one of those jobs that you wanted to do better when you had the time.
Thanks given by:
Dude you never took it for a rave with a pressuring coolant system and no temp sensor did you?

Sounds like you're chasing your tail a lot with this mate.

Need to implement a systematic fault finding approach, might save a ton of money on buying expensive parts Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2016, 08:59 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Dude you never took it for a rave with a pressuring coolant system and no temp sensor did you?

Sounds like you're chasing your tail a lot with this mate.

Need to implement a systematic fault finding approach, might save a ton of money on buying expensive parts Smile

nope not at all, only gentle run around the block with all the systems working at the time. The ECU senor has died again which just kicks the front fan on.
Its just been a bastard that's all, The electrical fault was one of those ones that just corrected its self funny enough!
 The thing that really winds me up is the amount of problems that have just decided to throw up. Since all i did was change a head gasket. I am slowly working on getting the air out of the system but if all these problems keep throwing up, its causing more and more trouble. I was really hoping that i could have had it running this week but again, we are looking at months now.
I wont put anymore upgrades into this thing until its running as it should, I did plan to do a upgraded rear anti roll bar, but the way things are at the moment, that's the least of my worries.
Thanks given by:
A gentle run round the block testing the VVC At 5k RPM on a stretch of road? Sounds like you're trying to run before you can walk Procta. Ease off a little and do it properly.
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2016, 03:12 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: A gentle run round the block testing the VVC At 5k RPM on a stretch of road? Sounds like you're trying to run before you can walk Procta. Ease off a little and do it properly.
How can i ease off anymore JJ? The car does not get driven hard at all, and its never had. 
only reason for taking the car to 5k was to test that my repair to the loom was working ok, I had to replace one of the connectors on the loom to do with the VVC system. If repair didn't work the car wouldn't rev over 5k and would be like it would hit a limiter.
That was only done once, and then back on the drive way.  For a few more checks, then Throttle Potentiometer started to act up.
Thanks given by:
Hey Procta, we're not trying to have ago, honest mate.

Want to see this on the road and reliable as much as you do.

From an outside perspective it looks like enthusiasm sometimes overules sorting out the simple things - and tbf we've all been there.

HG shouldn't be too much trouble to bleed through on the drive with the engine running up to temp.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs or anything, you following haynes or autodata for hg repairs ..et alia?

Next time I'm up near sunderland I'll come say hello Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2016, 06:58 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Hey Procta, we're not trying to have ago, honest mate.

Want to see this on the road and reliable as much as you do.

From an outside perspective it looks like enthusiasm sometimes overules sorting out the simple things - and tbf we've all been there.

HG shouldn't be too much trouble to bleed through on the drive with the engine running up to temp.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs or anything, you following haynes or autodata for hg repairs ..et alia?

Next time I'm up near sunderland I'll come say hello Smile

I know no one is having a go, Enthusiasm has long gone now with this thing.  I have followed the proper MG rover K series repair manual, I bought one a few years ago for this engine.
The bleeding i have done more times, than i care to remember.  The thing that really is biting me is the fact that some of the systems have decided to go off on a one, the fan we couldnt even work out what the fault was with one!  But it does get to the point where you really start to see less and less progress.  There are still a few things that i need to sort out, ( connector wise) Which i may do next weekend and order off two replacement sensors.
At the moment i am that f*cked off with the car its really starting to be a basket case rather than an asset.

If you are up my way then give me a PM and we can sort something out.
Thanks given by:
ok today my replacement odds and sods came for this, new throttle body, air filter and sensor.
Then i put the power on, today i wanted to make progress and push forwards instead of backwards.
My dad came out and gave me a helping hand, looking for a few things for me, We had this thing running for nearly 3 hours! after fixing a few leaks on the water elbow side. The system is now bleed up, took 3 hours to do.   
The Hunting is still there when the car warms up, We are starting to think there is a sensor or an issue with the ECU, 
This engine was never really had a perfect idle even after it was setup. Which i did question that, but I was told that these are not good idlers anyway. But after seen a few posh rover vvcs at mg live, their engines idled very sweet compared to this engine.
So after i unplugged the Throttle Potentiometer and took it for a drive, it was a different car! so i took it for some fuel and a little run to see if everything was ok,  get the brakes cleaned up and the suspension settled again.
I started to smile again when i was driving it, so looks like i may have started to like the car again. But we will have to wait and see. My dad is getting pissed with it too, but after the fan system kicked in we are more happier than before.
we are further on now which is a massive bonus. Also i fixed another sensor connector too so that's all 100%
Still not there yet but there is some light now, just need to look at this odd tick over its getting.
So stay with me on this one.
Thanks given by:
This thing is a part of you Andy.
You'll get there. Part of owning a classic or a modified motor is fixing it all the time.
Yours is a modified classic so of course it won't always behave itself.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh a lot of new cars hunt, I wouldn't worry about that as long as it drives fine! Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2016, 07:05 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: This thing is a part of you Andy.
You'll get there. Part of owning a classic or a modified motor is fixing it all the time.
Yours is a modified classic so of course it won't always behave itself.
The thing is dan, its when you start to go backwards instead of forwards which starts to be a pain, and then it gets silly to the point where you start to think, how much longer is this going to go on?
I had a drink with one of my close friends last night, and he couldn't believe the f*ck on i have had, Even he said i should look at calling it a day. Not cause of what the car is, but the f*ck on and parts issue.  He even stated you got to think when do you call it a day, He has been there with the saxo VTS, which gave me the taste of a hot hatch.
 I do understand cars can be a little hit and miss at times classic, modified or new etc. But this has really took the piss out of me and my dad. He is on the verge of calling it and so am I, if this last issue isn't corrected.
I will not spend anymore on it now, until i see start and get somthing back.  

(24-09-2016, 07:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh a lot of new cars hunt, I wouldn't worry about that as long as it drives fine! Smile
Tom this doesnt drive fine, when it ticks over it can cut out sometimes. plus it never used to do that either, so rather than leave it, id rather sort it out.  If you are going to do something then best to do it properly. Plus we really need this back on the road.
Thanks given by:
well after another day trying to look at this odd tick over, I am starting to suspect what piggy said, looks like the inlet may need another once over with socket. I researched and researched what sensors could be causing trouble, a few people have had this trouble but they never got back and stated what the trouble was.
If the inlet fails to solve this problem, then we are at a complete loss now, and I may just call it a day.
Thanks given by:
Right ok today i had a look at the inlet side of things, in case there is a leak. The laugh is it did square root of f*ck all!
I took it for a drive, and the fucker really did act the goat with the system pressurizing, but after a bit of a run around the block and a bleed, squeeze of the pipes. The car started to behave itself with the coolant system and started to hold itself at the proper operating temperature. 
The car still Hunts like hell, when warm. i managed to find a thread on it, on a lotus elise forum. They are pointing at the ecu, something may have bit the dust in side.  Something to do with the idle circuity, I do have a replacement ECU and 5AS but the seller didnt give me the matching fobs, just supplied a fob. So that will have to be all sent away to be coded up. So not as plug in play as we all hope.
this is the last option now for the car, if this fails then its game over.  I will either just weigh the full lot in and make sure it gets cubed.  Or speak to the metro cup lads and say here's a shell for you lads come and get it!
Thanks given by:
ok tomorrow is going to be judgement month as from tomorrow. I am going to remove the inlet altogether and bang some blue sealant on it, if it works then great if it fails to work then I am calling it. I am not putting anymore money now into it.
I am really starting to think now I should have gotten shot when the head gasket went on it. Everything now has just gone backwards, the coolant system is starting to act up again ffs!
Lets hope for the cars sake, it works!
Thanks given by:
Well that's it now lads, i am finished with metros.
I have tried resealing the inlet, and it made the square root of f*ck all difference.
So i am really starting to think has the Headgasket repair been a success.
Car just wont idle right at all once warm, i have unplugged various sensors and it still will not play at all.
looks like i have hit the end of the road with this one.
If you lads want to give me any more ideas, then feel free.
Thanks given by:
Ive got an idea...

Sell it to me Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 07:05 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Ive got an idea...

Sell it to me Smile

Good idea

Thanks given by:

Sell it to me Smile

I don't think you are a metro lad, also for it be broken or just binned, id rather be the one to do that. Procta built it, procta breaks it.
Thanks given by:
(10-10-2016, 06:20 PM)procta Wrote:

Sell it to me Smile

I don't think you are a metro lad, also for it be broken or just binned, id rather be the one to do that. Procta built it, procta breaks it.

You are very much mistaken sir! i have always held metro's in the highest regard! my best friend has had a metro gti for years. After watching his standard 1400 metro gti pull away from my cammed and remapped 106 gti with relative ease (have video proof of a few drag races we did back in the day on private road)the standard Metro gti straight up drag raced and beat my modified 106 gti, a friends modified ek4 vti-s civic and my girlfriend at the times clio 172!

Also the fact that i know the whereabouts of a cheap and donor ready rover 200 BRM (complete with original LSD gearbox) ninja  helps incredibly Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Sell it to me Smile

Procta already has broken it :p
Thanks given by:
+1 for selling to young Matthew.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 08:12 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

Sell it to me Smile

You are very much mistaken sir! i have always held metro's in the highest regard! my best friend has had a metro gti for years. After watching his standard 1400 metro gti pull away from my cammed and remapped 106 gti with relative ease (have video proof of a few drag races we did back in the day on private road)the standard Metro gti straight up drag raced and beat my modified 106 gti, a friends modified ek4 vti-s civic and my girlfriend at the times clio 172!

Also the fact that i know the whereabouts of a cheap and donor ready rover 200 BRM (complete with original LSD gearbox) ninja  helps incredibly Tongue

The GTis are not to be laughed at, VVC one is silly quick when running spot on.  As for the Rover 200 BRM, you would be putting in a 143, where this car has a 160 already LSD gearbox maybe too short, but the LSD will help.

I have been told what it could be causing the problem, and I am going to try something else, these will be the last two shots and that's it.
Also matt what happened to that cheap track car idea you were had?  This wont make a good track car as it is mind, you will have to drop rear dampers on the back, once that happens, the car will be shite as a road car, its practically touch and go now as it is road car wise.

(11-10-2016, 09:10 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:

Sell it to me Smile

Procta already has broken it :p

Not wrong there, Tongue
Thanks given by:
Get it fixed. Just not worth selling it or breaking it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 05:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: Get it fixed. Just not worth selling it or breaking it

He's been trying :/

Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 05:23 PM)Piggy Wrote: Get it fixed. Just not worth selling it or breaking it

Piggy I have spent well over 1000 quid now on doing the head gasket, that's in parts and getting the head sent away. In fact I think I could be close to the 2k marker by the time I can get it running right.
There is only so much I can spent on and it has to come a point on enough is enough. Its been nearly 2 months now since the head gasket was done and we are not any further forward, as such. 
The money now I am throwing at it, I could be saving towards a TD5 defender, and putting some towards the 306. 
Only so far I can strip this down and put it back together, before things start going from bad to worse.
The pain in the arse bit is I cannot plug a diagnostic piece of kit in, due to the rovers old school system, and the fool that did the loom didn't bother putting a late diagnostic port into the loom when I asked.

I know its not worth the paper its written on, due to it been modded. These are worth a lot more standard, and I wont even go there reverting this back.     
I have two final cards to play, and then I am going to have to pull the plug. I am not having this car sitting doing f*ck all, it needs to earn its keep to me and to the family.  

(11-10-2016, 06:42 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:

He's been trying :/

yeah and not going very far at all!
Thanks given by:
I get the frustration...but give up now and all that is money and effort is totally for nothing.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2016, 09:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: I get the frustration...but give up now and all that is money and effort is totally for nothing.

Piggy I have spent the last two months since the head gasket was done, trying to sort this problem. Every Saturday I have not seemed to have progressed any further. 
I am starting to think has the head gasket repair been a success,
Thanks given by:
I assume you've checked the HG since, sniff test and compression test?

I just can't imagine procta without a Metro. Confused
Thanks given by:
Yeah as above. If compression is fine. Coolant system is not pressurising or losing water and no fumes in the coolant...
Then why do you think its HG?

Rough running when hot sounds like sensor issue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield... 399road 145 69,662 09-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,915 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 54,147 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13