Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Next car?
#1
I am searching for my next car and would like some ideas. I am after an estate car, with awd and with a good safety rating. The car will be used for going up and down motorways, mainly in mainland Europe/nordic regions.


Requirements:

1. Year 2006/8 minimum
2. Estate
3. AWD
4. Diesel or Petrol not fussed.
5. unto £5000 max
6. Manual
7. Euro NCAP 5 Star



Thanks in advance! Smile
#2
Could struggle finding a 4WD estate that new for under 5k (cant be that many 4WD estates that age around anyway), sure people will be along with some good ideas though.
#3
I guess you're right, maybe I can also look for slightly older cars. I don't mind it having a large engine, even high mileage is OK depending on car.
#4
I'd be looking at an Audi A4 Avant Quattro!
#5
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...asc&page=1

Toseland will approve (Think he had one?
#6
XC70? Saw hundreds of them when over in a Sweden last month. Question tho, if it's going to spend most of its life on the wrong side of the road why don't you get a LHD?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
#7
Just been looking in to the Audi A4, seem the tdi engines have a issue with the oil pumps failing on the 2L models. I guess it is best to look out for the 2.5/3.0 tdi. Anyone know much about these engine?

I do like a good Volvo like the V50 and V70, how do the V70 drives compared to the V50? Good shout on the XC70 I will look into them also.

I prefer driving RHD cars even in LHD countries, and I don't spend all my time out there just long periods of time, currently I am in California working. Also because I want to keep the car on UK plates and it can become more expensive if the car is not RHD.

Thanks for the ideas everyone, liking them! Big Grin
#8
Probably something like an A6 Allroad would be good.

AWD rules out a hell of a lot, you're limited to stuff like Audi quattro, maybe some Subaru's & Volvos etc.
#9
(06-10-2016, 03:58 PM)1616six Wrote: Probably something like an A6 Allroad would be good.

AWD rules out a hell of a lot, you're limited to stuff like Audi quattro, maybe some Subaru's & Volvos etc.

That is true, AWD rules out a lot.

I do like the sound of a A6 Allroad, it is a large estate and would make it easier to carry things. Keeping a look out for one of these!
#10
Passat Estate 4-motion would be an idea, they're practical and come with a range of different engines from a 1.9TDI to a 3.2 V6. They are a little rarer too!
#11
Found one Passat 3.2 v6 on eBay, very interesting I do like it. But it seems I am learning towards the A6 Allroad. Only concern with the A6 would be the air suspension. Anyone have any good advise about the A6?


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)