Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
get it bought, even if it sits for a few months before fitting
Thanks given by:
Don't put a 2.1 in it! It's hard enough for me not buying a 306 to play with as it is.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 08:39 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Don't put a 2.1 in it! It's hard enough for me not buying a 306 to play with as it is.

But 2.1s are awesome and by far the best engine imo but that's just me.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 09:21 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(22-12-2015, 08:39 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Don't put a 2.1 in it! It's hard enough for me not buying a 306 to play with as it is.

But 2.1s are awesome and by far the best engine imo but that's just me.

Cummins 6BT are the best engine but thats my other problem.
Thanks given by:
Cant fit a 6bt in. Maybe a 4bt might go.....
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2015, 09:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Cant fit a 6bt in. Maybe a 4bt might go.....

Sadly I wasn't intending to fit one in a 306 (although one might fit in the back)
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2015, 11:22 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(22-12-2015, 09:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Cant fit a 6bt in. Maybe a 4bt might go.....

Sadly I wasn't intending to fit one in a 306 (although one might fit in the back)

A cummins ranger would be epic!!
Thanks given by:
Hm drop a 12v in the ranger, would be all of the win, trust me Smile Id rather drop one in a hilux though Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
So this is going to come to an end in April now. I've got myself a "track car" to continue my 306 shenanigans and a little workshop now finally ill be buying a family wagon for road use. 406 most probably. Its a shame but this is going to be broken up in April to make way for the new more exciting stuff. Smile on a side note how do people get on insuring a second car? Easy enough? Cheapish?
Thanks given by:
I guess you've got quite a few no claims? I had mine mirrored on the GTi6 and it wasn't overly expensive.
Thanks given by:
3 years no claims so not a great deal
Thanks given by:
Better than none though! Which insurer are you with?
Thanks given by:
flux man
Thanks given by:
Oh, not sure then! I know EUI group (admiral etc) and Brentacre definitely mirror them.
Thanks given by:
we will see ill speak to them upom renewal as they will be insuring the 406. i couldnt just drive a standard car could i
Thanks given by:
A 406 fweind lol Smile I'd get a 406 2.1 exec estate as my saloon is great but can't get owt big in the boot.
Thanks given by:
Exactly what I'm hoping to get Wink
Thanks given by:
TBH if I was getting another 406 I'd go for the 2.2HDi again even though mine was a dog. 180bhp off a simple remap, 200bhp with light mods and the turbo is already vac controlled ready for dropping a daft VNT in there.
Thanks given by:
Has to be simple in my head just because its a daily. Ill be putting a vnt on the track car though so its ok
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2016, 08:48 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Has to be simple in my head just because its a daily. Ill be putting a vnt on the track car though so its ok
Maybe if you had a 180bhp HDi you'd be less tempted to further tune it and thus would be keeping it simple. There's nothing particularly complex in a 15 year old Peugeot for you, you're a proper mechanic, not just someone with a hammer fetish who confuses their intentions with their abilities.
Thanks given by:
LOL its true there is nothing overly complicated about them i suppose. we will see i guess depends what comes up and when really. got a lovely 206 hdi that needs an engine at work that ive just bought so that will be funding this
Thanks given by:
206s are worth f*ck all unless it's very late and low mileage or a 180 though
Thanks given by:
its an xsi hdi and for what im paying for it its a money earner lol will be enough to get me a reasonable 406. just need one local. doesnt even have to run lol
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2016, 08:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: TBH if I was getting another 406 I'd go for the 2.2HDi again even though mine was a dog. 180bhp off a simple remap, 200bhp with light mods and the turbo is already vac controlled ready for dropping a daft VNT in there.

I think after seeing all the trouble Zakk had with his 406 2.2 and seeing how wank they are to work on i would go for the 2.1 in that nice big car too
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
206 HDis are where the money is in old (post classic) Peugeots! Doubled my money on the one I bought to flip! Should make a nice profit from it. Wink

Problem with HDi's, either 2.0 or 2.2 is that some are perfectly fine for years and others are constant issues. I'd go for the 2.2 HDi given the choice, but knowing me I'd buy a shit one. Tongue
Thanks given by:
So 1 or two of you may know that this project will end it march/april when the mot is out. It was a much loved base and my first PROPER tuneing experience with these engines. The plan for now is keep it running till then. Had a mirror back knocked off the other day by an arsehole skip lorry as well. Sad
Thanks given by:
This is coming off the road this weekend it seems, i need parts for other projects we have a spare run about car that needs this axle so its time to say good bye to it Sad
Thanks given by:
Sad times... Parts/heart will live on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so its now off the road, sorn it today, onto bigger and better things now its parts will live on
Thanks given by:
25 days of tax lost, shoulda done it last week! Confused
Thanks given by: