Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
'6 cam cover
#1
Rear cam cover is looking a tad black. Not fresh oil, it's tarry. There is what looks like fresh oil in a pool in the far left bolt holeĀ 

Think it's a leak? Or a blow from somewhere? I've cleaned it up but cars off the road for a few days while I change over manifolds and stuff
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#2
They all leak really. The seal is built in so what i would do is get some instant gasket, run a even bead around, sit the cover on and tighten the screws down just to hold it in place, wait for the instant gasket to set then tighten it right down. Should do the trick
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#3
Sounds about right! I'm searching for a pair of covers anyway! So I'll swap them over and do this while changing them over Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#4
ive got a good rear cover in primer
#5
I've cleaned it up. I'm just waiting to see if it's a case of its leaking or it was spilt oil
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)