Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Galpin auto vinyls
#1
I have just bought a gel domed boot badge from galpin and the stickiness isn't good at all, won't stick to the plastic, which has been throughly cleaned. Has anyone used a certain adhesive to pop a boot badge sticker on? I'm thinking a thin layer of no more nails exterior glue but thought I'd see if anyone else has a different suggestion that has worked for them
#2
what about lining the back with doubelsided tape and using a scalpel to cut around the edge? guaranteed all over stick that way.
#3
What did you clean the plastic with? If it was anything waxy (car shampoo, dash polish etc) then it wont stick. I had one from GAV last year that stuck perfectly though.
#4
I like clear silicone seal myself. sticks well to clean surfaces, and is removable if reqd.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#5
Good suggestions there guys I'll try the tape one first. I've applied them before but on my 106 and had no issues, I cleaned it with soapy water (fairy liquid), rinsed off thoroughly and dried thoroughly as I usually do before applying decals
#6
I used loctite on mine. Way I saw it was it wasn't coming off again anytime soon haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#7
regular superglue? not sure it's water resistant :S
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#8
I used stickslikeshit clear on mine and has holded fine for a year now. Waterproof and adhesive in one.
#9
I love that Sticks like sh*t stuff, I prefer it over gripfill tbh, but it is a bit more expensive...

Also, @impotentials - it's "held", not "holded". Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#10
Is any of this waterproof glue stuff cheap? Like £1 cheap?
#11
Not that I know of mate, the sticks like sh*t is about £6 or so for a tube, but it is awesome stuff. Well worth the money IMO. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#12
Hmm, just got an annoying niggling issue that needs a small amount of waterproof glue to fix lol. Could probably stretch to a couple of quid...
#13
tried poundland?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#14
Yeah but I don't want to buy some cheap stuff that doesn't work, so if anyone can recommend some that'd be ideal. Smile
#15
Don't try superglue it will melt the vinyl and if you get it on the black plastic surround it will mark that as well as burn your paintwork.
Some tigerseal sikaflex would do the job just masking tape the badge till dry.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: