Lowering hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering hdi
Hi

Wanted to lower my pug 306 hdi 5 door 2.0, Just wanna put lowering spring on front 

Looking for 30mm drop, Any idea which springs would be best and cheapest lol I think the standard setup looks to high just want slight drop.....
Thanks given by:
Cheap - suspension

Two words that should not exist in the same sentence.

Eibach springs offer a 30mm drop and are probably your best option.

Obviously you will need your rear axle torsion bars adjusted to match
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Its just that am new to the pug scene and really wanna lower it cause i think standard setup is way too high.. And also confused as i been told that gti 30mm springs make the standard hdi look higher cause off the engine weight :/ soo am really confused as to what too doo
Thanks given by:
As above, it's never cheap to lower a 306 due to the bloomin' torsion system on the back instead of sensible springs like most other cars. You're best off ringing around to get quotes for fitting the springs you supply and lowering the rear to match, then add on the price of the springs themselves and you'll have your full price for lowering. Last time I had mine done it was demon tweeks in Wrexham, they're expensive though.
Thanks given by:
Fitting aint an issues cause i can fit them myself as am a mechanic myself lol
Thanks given by:
Honest opinion.

Get a spare rear beam and strip it, make sure its good and rebuild it. There's many a guides on the forums and we'll help on here.

Don't just lower the front, in my opinion is a daft idea as you really upset the handling of the car and looks stupid

Or speak to Stef and get a ready built beam to install yourself
Thanks given by:
That's what I was gonna do mate, get a sechand rear axel and rebuild it but wanted to lower the front as am confused as to which spring to use :/ don't wanna lower to much these too many bumps where I live and it be pain in the a** to drive lol Alos whose this stef guy and where about a his he located?? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Lol at some of the replies here.. You can buy lowering springs on eBay for less than £50. They're cheap and won't improve handling, but it'll lower the car. People fit aftermarket springs all the time for mot etc, and they often ruin the handling. Go for it, just don't expect it to handle any better. Re. rear beam, they're a pain to lower and it's been a problem for most people here at some point. Look in the guides section.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Xsara VTS shocks and springs will give a reasonably comfy ride, OEM quality and about a 30mm lowering on the front.. mine is done, rides nice
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2015, 08:32 AM)Jimmy-hdi Wrote: That's what I was gonna do mate, get a sechand rear axel and rebuild it but wanted to lower the front as am confused as to which spring to use :/ don't wanna lower to much these too many bumps where I live and it be pain in the a** to drive lol Alos whose this stef guy and where about a his he located?? Thanks

Stef is located in Lyme Regis Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot mate... And how get hold off this stef guy??
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...869&page=2
Thanks given by:
Any idea how much ill be looking at if i wanted to lower the rear axle?
Thanks given by:
Not trying to be nasty, but use the search function bud, all these questions you're asking have been answered a fair few times and the information is already there for you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hahaha i understand what you mean its just pain in the a** going through all the threads lol
Thanks given by:
In all honesty if you're a mechanic just lower the beam yourself.

And if you want cheap springs for your HDI buy cheap 40mm ones(that are for a HDI) off ebay or europerformance etc. Theyre not goin to be dangerous or make handling any worse

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:
To be honest Am too busy sorting other people cars don't get chance to work on my own lol
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2015, 11:23 PM)aaron_one Wrote: As above, it's never cheap to lower a 306 due to the bloomin' torsion system on the back instead of sensible springs like most other cars. You're best off ringing around to get quotes for fitting the springs you supply and lowering the rear to match, then add on the price of the springs themselves and you'll have your full price for lowering. Last time I had mine done it was demon tweeks in Wrexham, they're expensive though.
If your gonna do it then do it right first time and enjoy the 306 roller coaster otherwise you will end up with a pig that doesn't quite feel right!
If you can afford it go Oem for parts! It was really really good out the box in bog standard 92bhp for, so tweak it as you go!
Lol 90

(27-10-2015, 12:54 AM)Jimmy-hdi Wrote: To be honest Am too busy sorting other people cars don't get chance to work on my own lol

It will be the death of your 306 if you don't maintain it every single week you use it!
Thanks given by:
Plan too look after her well ?

Gonna do full service hopefully this week
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2015, 01:15 AM)Jimmy-hdi Wrote: Plan too look after her well ?

Gonna do full service hopefully this week

Best strarting point! Then run it for a bit and service her again to clear old sludge!
After this do what you will and be sure to enjoy it! Rofl
Thanks given by:
You got any pics off your car mate?
Thanks given by: