Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Intake valve
#1
I have a 406 110 hdi with a dosser valve thing on the inlet after looking at it it has actually been disconected at some point and is in horrible condition leaking abit of oil from the intake which I assume means it would also be leaking boost. Other 110hdis I've seen don't have this valve just the turbo pipe clamps onto the ally inlet does anyone know where I could get one from to replace mine and will it have any ill effect in the running not being there. [Image: 7bb8d6c61f14ad13a81a3fcacea98759.jpg]

Here's a photo just cause it's easier than imagination
#2
some were fitted with them, some were not i think. 2004 models had them from what i can see

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-406-2-...35f3134367 - solid
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-2-...4ae6111946 - solid
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-2-...2809cf9f9f - plastic
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#3
Ah right the last one I had had a metal one which looked better as this one is naffed so would ideally replace it with the empty pipe no valve if anyone knows for one can't find one on eBay haha
#4
Literally just sold one, sorry mate.
Try a hunt in the scrapyards would be my suggestion, I don't see many of these on the bay. If I come across one il give you a shout Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#5
Won't there be an issue with how the ecu controls the engine if you take away a part that it is supposed to see signal from?
#6
Smash the flap out and plug up the doser holes
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#7
(10-10-2015, 08:34 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Smash the flap out and plug up the doser holes

sounds diiiirtttyy Big Grin
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#8
It will be!!

Covered in breather oil... Itwasntme
#9
Wink no doubt
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#10
(10-10-2015, 08:29 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Won't there be an issue with how the ecu controls the engine if you take away a part that it is supposed to see signal from?

It's not used on the early 90 HDis - if you unplug it it causes no ill effects, it's only there for forced EGR.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#11
(09-10-2015, 08:47 PM)sherman306 Wrote: Ah right the last one I had had a metal one which looked better as this one is naffed so would ideally replace it with the empty pipe no valve if anyone knows for one can't find one on eBay haha

I've one for sale, £30 inc postage?


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)