Please Don't text & drive - -

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Don't text & drive - -
Holy Fook!
watching a recording of Traffic Cops from t'ohter night.
Hampshire Crash, victim's car rear ended my 7.5 tonne truck.
Car crushed to 1/2 it's length.
Please, Stop Texting and concentrate on driving.

Speechless
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
How the hell does anyone text and drive these days!? I have a hard enough time trying to use touchscreens while sitting still doing nothing else at all!! These people clearly have decent dexterity and multitasking skills. Confused

Saw someone without any of those skills yesterday, wasn't even on the phone... He was parked half on the path, due to other peds I was forced to walk near him...he started reversing at speed without even checking mirrors! I had to jump out of the way while ffs. Then he pulled off forward at similar speed straight into the path of a new Fiesta that was driving past...Fiesta had to jump on the brakes (and horn lol ), and the van driver was still completely oblivious...fecking idiot!
Thanks given by:
Amazes me how many people do this. I get shit on a regular basis for my insensitivity to rush hour crashes and assumption that people weren't looking at the road, but how the f*ck else do you kill yourself under the back of a lorry in stationary traffic without any other vehicles involved? Anyone who uses a phone while driving is a selfish lady garden, lets hope darwinian theory gets them before they get us.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Happened to a friend of mine, although he wasn't in a big truck he was in a little Polo when a big SUV piled into him.

[Image: ollie_zpsea92372a.jpg]

Not sure if they ever did the driver for it.
Thanks given by:
Don't look at people sitting in traffic in London or you'll spend all your time screaming at them to get off their phone. So many people doing it, it's ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
Just to emphasise that point, this is the 206

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Holy f*ck
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 09:55 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Don't look at people sitting in traffic in London or you'll spend all your time screaming at them to get off their phone. So many people doing it, it's ridiculous.

This. London is so bad.
Thanks given by:
Problem there is slow moving traffic makes you feel like you've got less to concentrate on, never see anyone on the phone speeding through a single carriage national limit... Undecided
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Problem there is slow moving traffic makes you feel like you've got less to concentrate on, never see anyone on the phone speeding through a single carriage national limit...  Undecided

Sadly, I have. With the technologies available today, there is just no need to have your phone in your hand while driving...to text, call or otherwise! Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just realised the typo in the op, so it was the lorry driver not the car driver at fault. Still, point stands, just a shame the lorry driver wasn't in a ka or something equally collapsible, can but hope for next time.

Tom, i see that kind of crap daily, which is probably why i'm quite so obnoxious about it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
oh rite I see now, for a while I thought that the OP was the truck driver and someone drove into them.

Was that the one where the bloke was pissing around with the cab phone that was installed in the truck??
Thanks given by:
^^ Yeah that's it, was playing on the phone in the cab.. IIRC there was a passat ahead of the 206 that got some serious damage dealt to it after the truck had runover the 206
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2015, 11:03 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just to emphasise that point, this is the 206

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

that's the one I was on about
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately a lot of drivers are morons and i do truly feel sick at the thought of one of them going into the back of my 307 sw7 seater while one or two of my kids are in the rear set of seats in the boot!
I strictly don't touch it when driving and often put it on mute and out of reach in the glovebox I've got kids in the car most of the time so not happy when I see someone do it! Morons!
Thanks given by:
The prison sentences for killing someone on the road are far too lenient IMO.

If the reason for the crash is someone was drunk, or on the phone then they need a significant prison sentence.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 09:16 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: The prison sentences for killing someone on the road are far too lenient IMO.

If the reason for the crash is someone was drunk, or on the phone then they need a significant prison sentence.

Mandatory 10-15 years for death by dangerous driving I would say is fair! Exclamation
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 11:37 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(24-09-2015, 09:16 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: The prison sentences for killing someone on the road are far too lenient IMO.

Mandatory 10-15 years for death by dangerous driving I would say is fair! Exclamation

1) they won't ever do that 10-15 years

2) is that all a human life is worth now?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Murderers don't get much more
Thanks given by:
I remember this . The Driver was fiddling with the phone in the cabin he did not even realise there was a peugeot 206 in front of him. He thought it was just vw passat .  Where i live u see people all the time on their phones. As people have said these days u dont need touch the phones as it all built in to cars .
Thanks given by:
Prison is a bit pointless tbh... It doesn't help the prisoners, it doesn't help the families affected by the prisoners actions, it just costs tax payers money. Where's the sense in that!? Prison is ONLY good for keeping dangerous people away from the public, most of which will be mentally ill and either need help or will be permanently mentally f*cked.

Bring back the death penalty for some and have massive fines for others imo... Very few would be on the phone if the fine was a grand each time...
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 06:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Prison is a bit pointless tbh...  It doesn't help the prisoners, it doesn't help the families affected by the prisoners actions, it just costs tax payers money.  Where's the sense in that!?  Prison is ONLY good for keeping dangerous people away from the public, most of which will be mentally ill and either need help or will be permanently mentally f*cked.

Bring back the death penalty for some and have massive fines for others imo...  Very few would be on the phone if the fine was a grand each time...

There is some sense in this. I do believe prison sentences shouldn't be handed out unless you are dangerous to the public but in all fairness, if you have taken someones life from them due to your carelessness then you should also be punished. Difficult one.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
IMHO there needs to be more reprimand for doing dangerous shit on the road...

As in, f*cking dangerous overtakes, cutting across multiple lanes to get to your junction because you're being an oblivious f*ck etc... All of these cost lives just as much as being on the phone - I know too many incidents where someone could have easily been killed, but were lucky that time they didn't... That needs to be dealt with far more seriously IMHO, if there were cameras to catch that sort of stupid shit, lives lost would be far less...

Enthusiastic driving is NOT the biggest killer on the roads, not by a long shot!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 07:41 PM)Ruan Wrote: IMHO there needs to be more reprimand for doing dangerous shit on the road...

As in, f*cking dangerous overtakes, cutting across multiple lanes to get to your junction because you're being an oblivious f*ck etc... All of these cost lives just as much as being on the phone - I know too many incidents where someone could have easily been killed, but were lucky that time they didn't... That needs to be dealt with far more seriously IMHO, if there were cameras to catch that sort of stupid shit, lives lost would be far less...

Enthusiastic driving is NOT the biggest killer on the roads, not by a long shot!

110% this. The amount of stupid shit i see is unreal. I would love to see the police have more powers to prosecute for some things and also more use of CCTV as evidence to prosecute for these things.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
This the fella from Amersham / Bucks?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 02:18 PM)Herby7 Wrote: I remember this . The Driver was fiddling with the phone in the cabin he did not even realise there was a peugeot 206 in front of him. He thought it was just vw passat .  Where i live u see people all the time on their phones. As people have said these days u dont need touch the phones as it all built in to cars .

and then there's these new-fangled infotainment system car makers are fitting. like the BMW menu joggle thingy.
Talk about building in more distractions to driving attentively! Undecided
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 06:32 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-09-2015, 06:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Prison is a bit pointless tbh...  It doesn't help the prisoners, it doesn't help the families affected by the prisoners actions, it just costs tax payers money.  Where's the sense in that!?  Prison is ONLY good for keeping dangerous people away from the public, most of which will be mentally ill and either need help or will be permanently mentally f*cked.

Bring back the death penalty for some and have massive fines for others imo...  Very few would be on the phone if the fine was a grand each time...

There is some sense in this. I do believe prison sentences shouldn't be handed out unless you are dangerous to the public but in all fairness, if you have taken someones life from them due to your carelessness then you should also be punished. Difficult one.

I disagree. Some people are never going to be dangerous but need locking up more than someone who causes injury. The recidivist thieves and especially burglars cause misery to dozens of people most of whom will have sleepless nights because of it, alot won't feel safe in their own home for some time and some find it so traumatic that they actually end up having to move house.

I don't know if you know but a few years ago I was the victim of an attempted robbery of which I still bear the physical scars and had a knife pulled on me but TBH after that night it barely bothered me however on the other hand some bastards tried kicking in my front door at 3am one night and I barely slept for a week. It was that bad I almost went to stay at my parents and I had a heart attack at the slightest noises during the night for months afterwards.

Which one do you think is more dangerous?
Bear in mind after the robbery I ended up being carted off to hospital covered in blood having run for my life scaling a 10ft fence and wading through a bramble patch, the burglars I never even saw after jumping out of bed and grabbing a 6D mag lite to go and batter them.

Still think only dangerous people should go to prison?
Thanks given by:
Can't do the time? Don't do the crime!!! A friend is a driving instructor and has a reverses camera in his Auris learner car and first thing he did was unplug it as more tech in car does not mean safer driver so if you think you can safely have a conversation with the wife or boss while your doing 25 or 60 on the M25 your wrong and a nob for doing so! Angry
Any distraction be it the kids in the back of the car or some knob texting in the lane next to you is distracting you from what you should be thinking about while your driving!
We all drive a weapon be it a 1.4 or a road legal'ish track car so please for my kids and your kids sake drive defensively and think about the pic of the 206 above every time your phone rings while your driving FFS! and look ahead and behind and think about the cars you see wether they be new "limited edition Corsas" equalling limited experience drivers quite likely! Exclamation
Or a big Lexus with a driver with an attitude to match his car "BMW/ Audi/ some VW" drivers all play their part in the my cars better and faster than your shoddy pug so hit the brakes Jake game! Dodgy
(unsafe to say the least and I've been driving for a living doing deliveries in cars trucks and vans for the past half million miles with no accidents so seen a bit and ok so far!
Almost half these miles have been clocked in many of my 306's in many diff jobs and leisure miles Rofl
(Skateboard in hand while I said that)
I should say The skateboard is my sons and my current seat on the edge of the decking out the back so my balls can swing in some freedom after the snip!
Been so long since I flipped a board I'd likely snap an ankle lol
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2015, 11:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(24-09-2015, 06:32 PM)Niall Wrote:

I disagree. Some people are never going to be dangerous but need locking up more than someone who causes injury. The recidivist thieves and especially burglars cause misery to dozens of people most of whom will have sleepless nights because of it, alot won't feel safe in their own home for some time and some find it so traumatic that they actually end up having to move house.

I don't know if you know but a few years ago I was the victim of an attempted robbery of which I still bear the physical scars and had a knife pulled on me but TBH after that night it barely bothered me however on the other hand some bastards tried kicking in my front door at 3am one night and I barely slept for a week. It was that bad I almost went to stay at my parents and I had a heart attack at the slightest noises during the night for months afterwards.

Which one do you think is more dangerous?
Bear in mind after the robbery I ended up being carted off to hospital covered in blood having run for my life scaling a 10ft fence and wading through a bramble patch, the burglars I never even saw after jumping out of bed and grabbing a 6D mag lite to go and batter them.

Still think only dangerous people should go to prison?

I would class those people as dangerous tbh. But it depends on the motive as to where they should be, we were talking car related offences above where there is no motive behind being a selfish, inconsiderate arsehole. If they're stealing to feed a drug habit, they need help and should be in a rehab unit, not a standard prison cell. If they're stealing with intent to harm with no 'reasonable' motive (reasonable doesn't have to be legal or moral!) there must be a mental motive behind it in which case they either need mental help or will be permanently f*cked and might as well be killed off or kept in a high security mental hospital.
Thanks given by:
You do realise some people are just lady gardens, nasty lady gardens and there is no other motive.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  text me!! Piggy 8 2,862 21-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  weird text sIzEs?! Piggy 2 1,531 28-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Scott