Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Torque wrench, talk to me
#1
looking at torque wrenches so I don't just do things up to FT Wink 

Found something that goes between 40nm-210nm or 30-160ft lbs

Is this something that's gunna be good for a 306? 
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#2
The cheap aldi/lidl ones are actually very reasonable
#3
(04-06-2015, 10:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The cheap aldi/lidl ones are actually very reasonable

sound just like flynn haha

seriously though, they are? are they available online?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#4
My father has britool and I've beta ones, there something I don't like to cheap out on especially when torqueing engine parts. Norbar are also good. Depends on your budget I suppose.
#5
This is what I got
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-34570-3...5d2b34f6d5 Only used it for headbolts so far but it did the job well

If you need higher load
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DRAPER-1-2-Sq-...4d19d6bde1
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#6
(04-06-2015, 11:39 PM)Matt Wrote:
(04-06-2015, 10:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The cheap aldi/lidl ones are actually very reasonable

sound just like flynn haha

seriously though, they are? are they available online?

I've had mine for years and it appears spot on, never had it checked but it's near enough for what I use it for and I suspect what you'll use it for which is doing things up to a tightness that's not FT.

Also IMO a slightly inaccurate torque wrench is better than no torque wrench.
#7
I've got a pair of Halfords ones, bought on trade but still weren't exactly cheap. Still just like new after 5 years of abuse lol.
#8
Torque wrenches do many things but they don't talk to you!

You can get Draper ones on Amazon very cheap and they are very good quality for the money
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#9
Why are you lot torquing about this when you should be preparing for FCS?
#10
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ...e%20wrench

I'm tempted by something like that


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 14,093 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp) stevieg 11 6,850 05-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Last Post: stevieg
  Cordless impact wrench lolsteve 55 28,615 19-05-2015, 06:04 AM
Last Post: lolsteve

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)