Bosch pump issue!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump issue!
Oh I see, you could've said that earlier. lol Not sure what that's for then!
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 10:54 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Tomorrow we're fitting my bosch pump after I've picked the car up.
I'll get pictures of my mates setup for you when I get to his.

That would be awesome mate, just need pics of wiring and so on, really unsure what's wrong

(28-03-2015, 10:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I see, you could've said that earlier. lol  Not sure what that's for then!

Sorry mate, thought you knew it was on the pump
Thanks given by:
Tbh I didn't even notice it at first glance lol, wasn't until someone else mentioned it!

I cant work out what it would be for though. Shouldn't be an earth as it'll earth through the block. So must be a permanent live for something, can only be the immobiliser I guess which you're bypassing anyway so won't be needed.

So to recap, you've removed and insulated that to stop it shorting anywhere yeah? And put the red wire to the stop solenoid?

And it's just turning over with no start now?

Is the grenade pumped up firm?
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2015, 11:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh I didn't even notice it at first glance lol, wasn't until someone else mentioned it!

I cant work out what it would be for though.  Shouldn't be an earth as it'll earth through the block.  So must be a permanent live for something, can only be the immobiliser I guess which you're bypassing anyway so won't be needed.

So to recap, you've removed and insulated that to stop it shorting anywhere yeah?  And put the red wire to the stop solenoid?

And it's just turning over with no start now?

Is the grenade pumped up firm?

Yeah it's taped up to stop it shorting anything. And yep just turning over, but the battery is getting really weak so need to get some jumper cables on there tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
Where does the other end of that thick wire lead to on the pump? – I’m assuming it goes to the back of the plug bit on the pump. Since you’ve connected the red wire to the stop solenoid, you don’t need any other wire going to the pump, so disconnect the blue plug that you’ve got on it. Once you’ve done that, it’ll probably still not start immediately if there’s loads of air in the lines, but you’ll definitely want some decent battery power.  Probably will need to leave the injector lines loose on the injectors whilst turning it over to get rid of some of the air. 
Thanks given by: Nathan1305
(28-03-2015, 11:25 PM)Mark Wrote: Where does the other end of that thick wire lead to on the pump? – I’m assuming it goes to the back of the plug bit on the pump. Since you’ve connected the red wire to the stop solenoid, you don’t need any other wire going to the pump, so disconnect the blue plug that you’ve got on it. Once you’ve done that, it’ll probably still not start immediately if there’s loads of air in the lines, but you’ll definitely want some decent battery power.  Probably will need to leave the injector lines loose on the injectors whilst turning it over to get rid of some of the air. 

Yeah think it goes into the plug on the pump and I'll have to loosen the lines on the injectors to see if I'm getting fuel
Thanks given by:
So when I touch the red wire on the solenoid I get a small click from it so presume that's the solenoid working. Just need my battery charged up to see if I'm getting fuel. Still don't k ow where that other wire goes though 

[attachment=22432]
Thanks given by:
so which way have you got ur fuel pipes running too theres two fittings on the pump flow and return wheres the flow one going to can you upload a picture?
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 11:21 AM)vincent1 Wrote: so which way have you got ur fuel pipes running too theres two fittings on the pump flow and return wheres the flow one going to can you upload a picture?

So have this pipe going from the LDA housing too the cooler

Then the fuel pipe going from the fuel filter housing to the pump
[attachment=22434]
Thanks given by:
looking at these pictures its connected right
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/index.p...-2942.html
maybe just crack all the injector pipes off and see if you have fuel coming out?
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 12:34 PM)vincent1 Wrote: looking at these pictures its connected right
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/archive/index.p...-2942.html
maybe just crack all the injector pipes off and see if you have fuel coming out?

Think it's okay, and I'll see if fuel comes out once the battery is charged.

I have the line going from the banjo to the filter housing. Is that correct? 
[attachment=22435]

[attachment=22436]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the right way, defo bleed injectors and make sure the solenoid lifts, then as long as timing and pump are ok there's no reason it wont fire up
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's working! Used jump leads on the battery and bled the injectors. And boom it fired up! Big Grin thank you all for the help. Reps coming your way
Thanks given by:
That wire that you have got which you dont know where it goes is the original wiring for the pump. It aint needed though if you just got 1 ignition live going to your stop solenoid
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it's working! Does look a bit like someone has done something with those black and green wires in the past, but doesn't matter now, you can ignore them since it's all running!
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 02:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: It's working! Used jump leads on the battery and bled the injectors. And boom it fired up! Big Grin thank you all for the help. Reps coming your way

Oh cheers Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 07:20 PM)Jamieh2013 Wrote:
(29-03-2015, 02:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: It's working! Used jump leads on the battery and bled the injectors. And boom it fired up! Big Grin thank you all for the help. Reps coming your way

Oh cheers Wink

There you go mate Wink 
Thanks given by:
Glad it's finally sorted Nathan!
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 08:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Glad it's finally sorted Nathan!

Thank you mate Smile sooooo much faster, scared me a little haha
Thanks given by:
Haha, nice one! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 08:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Haha, nice one! Big Grin

Next up is intercooler Smile it's in my garage at the moment. Temp went past 70 today for the first time hah
Thanks given by:
At least there's no wiring with an intercooler install. Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-03-2015, 08:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote: At least there's no wiring with an intercooler install. Wink

Yep! Relieved about that haha ill have to do some research on wiring so I understand it more
Thanks given by:
Found another benefit to bosch, my key with the fob now works haha. Think it's because the imobiliser is no longer wired in
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,404 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,975 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,474 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby