Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Installing GTI6 gear stick - Cable too tight not 6th.
#1
Hi All,

So I had enough of my brake lever for reverse so I fitted a gti6 stick with lift up reverse. I now have a problem...

The reverse cable when clipped into the stick and clipped into the collar is already under tension which means it always goes into reverse not 6th.


Cheers
Sam
#2
Cable is under tension because its not routed correctly
Have you got the stick round the right way? Iirc the bracket on the bottom which connects to the linkage is offset to one side.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#3
yep its on the left of the stick. Its obviously not routed correctly because its not meant to have a gti6 box on the car! D:
#4
There is a knock out in the bulkhead where it should go through, Drill that out, job done.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#5
I thought I had already done that. It hasnt got any stupidly sharp bends so dont know whats happening.
#6
If its still routed the same as when we fitted the box, that wasn't the right hole iirc!
#7
I don't think there needs to be any drilling, just a rubber grommet, was present on an XSi, guess it might not be on a 5 door.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#8
There is definitely no hole on a 5 door. I drilled the only part I could get to under the car.
#9
Would it be a shorter route under the exhaust tunnel, like drill a hole just infront of the gearstick and run it under there? You'd have to heatwrap it though with the exhaust there.
#10
(02-12-2014, 11:48 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Would it be a shorter route under the exhaust tunnel, like drill a hole just infront of the gearstick and run it under there? You'd have to heatwrap it though with the exhaust there.

it would be terrible with the heat and im not sure it would be any shorter. It would definitely be a tighter angle as you come through the tunnel.
#11
[Image: 016.jpg]
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 GTI6 manually adjusted clutch cable KevinTW 6 5,847 05-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Gear stick doesnt return to centre Lolben91 6 3,544 11-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Lolben91
  Movement in gear stick. kentiiboii 11 6,268 29-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)