Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hand primer sucking flat
#1
So as above I've been having issues with the hand primer sucking flat, originally on my standard fuel lines I had air getting in replaced the hand primer and fuel filter after this it sucked flat constantly so, took in tank strainer out was full of carp so cleaned it out, but it continued so I removed it and replaced it with a one way valve, fast forward a week started sucking air in again so quickly put 10mm lines on.

And it's sucking the 10mm hand primer flat checked the tank strainer again and it's clean so I'm out of ideas apart from primers being shite but they was all brand new.

So can any one shed some light on it? It's running fine with out the hand primer.



#2
I assume this is an ebay 10mm primer??

I had same issues.

Hence why I went for a 12mm primer as the 10mm ones are so restrictive internally
Wishes for more power...
#3
(30-10-2014, 12:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: I assume this is an ebay 10mm primer??

I had same issues.

Hence why I went for a 12mm primer as the 10mm ones are so restrictive internally

I bought a 12mm and the internal size was about 6mm on it this 10mm one is about 8mm

Seems to me ebay ones are shit wonder if I can find a quality one from some were local



#4
Mine cost about £9. Nice billet alloy ends
Wishes for more power...
#5
(30-10-2014, 12:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Mine cost about £9. Nice billet alloy ends

Any chance of link? Don't mind spending if I'm getting a decent one the ones I bought were about £5



#6
(30-10-2014, 12:47 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 12:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Mine cost about £9. Nice billet alloy ends

Any chance of link? Don't mind spending if I'm getting a decent one the ones I bought were about £5

I used this one on mine and it worked fine.

Link
#7
(30-10-2014, 01:49 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 12:47 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 12:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Mine cost about £9. Nice billet alloy ends

Any chance of link? Don't mind spending if I'm getting a decent one the ones I bought were about £5

I used this one on mine and it worked fine.

Link

That's for 8mm



#8
My one is like that but 12mm

This is the one i think...on discount too:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/290402081065?nav=SEARCH
Wishes for more power...
#9
(30-10-2014, 03:54 PM)Piggy Wrote: My one is like that but 12mm

This is the one i think...on discount too:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/290402081065?nav=SEARCH

The ones I've got look identical, not sure about spending another £6 and it could still do the same Undecided



#10
Why do you want a primer? I just ditched mine lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
#11
(30-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Tom Wrote: Why do you want a primer? I just ditched mine lol

To fill fuel filter when I'm out in sticks with no light, rather than flattening battery sucking the fuel though Wink

All tho I do have a fract (how ever it's spelt) pump I could put in that'd prime it up nicely but more places for it to get air in if it decieds to leak.



#12
I'm tight but £6 Chris, stop fcuking around lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#13
(30-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Tom Wrote: Why do you want a primer? I just ditched mine lol

I assume you never aired up the system then... You'd be stranded if you did...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#14
(31-10-2014, 10:37 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I'm tight but £6 Chris, stop fcuking around lol

I no its only £6 for that one but I've spent about £20+ on primers for same thing to happen every time Undecided

(31-10-2014, 10:52 AM)Ruan Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 05:55 PM)Tom Wrote: Why do you want a primer? I just ditched mine lol

I assume you never aired up the system then... You'd be stranded if you did...

My point exactly think I'll fit my facet pump to the system that should prime it up in the event of an air leak.



#15
I'd strongly advise against, it'll cause restriction if you don't power it... As you're seeing with the primer sucking down...

If you power it, it'll send the internal pump pressure insane.

If you must, fit the pump but ensure you use a pressure regulator set to a VERY low pressure, doing so really messes up the internal pressure of the pump, affecting injection timing and all sorts of other things... These pumps aren't designed for it, they're very finely balanced in terms of pressure on inlet and outlet - that's how the entire timing system of the pump operates!

If you do I can see a thread in <1 weeks time "my car clanks really loudly all the time and is slow as shit"...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#16
Ha ha fair enough that's out if window then, best try.find a quality hand primer.



#17
(30-10-2014, 12:16 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: took in tank strainer out was full of carp

Hope you had a licence to catch them...
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
#18
(31-10-2014, 05:14 PM)Norledge Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 12:16 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: took in tank strainer out was full of carp

Hope you had a licence to catch them...

lmao



#19
(31-10-2014, 04:00 PM)Ruan Wrote: I'd strongly advise against, it'll cause restriction if you don't power it... As you're seeing with the primer sucking down...

If you power it, it'll send the internal pump pressure insane.

If you must, fit the pump but ensure you use a pressure regulator set to a VERY low pressure, doing so really messes up the internal pressure of the pump, affecting injection timing and all sorts of other things... These pumps aren't designed for it, they're very finely balanced in terms of pressure on inlet and outlet - that's how the entire timing system of the pump operates!

If you do I can see a thread in <1 weeks time "my car clanks really loudly all the time and is slow as shit"...

Correction,

"my car clanks really loud and is slow as shit UNTIL 7,000RPM"
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 White smoke and primer wont stay hard Donny165 5 5,426 13-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Primer bulb sucked in and wont return?! 306 d turbo 1 3,071 27-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Last Post: cully
  Anyone got a t2 to hand? Ben 29 13,826 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ben

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)