Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Manual boost controller or adjust the wastegate arm?
#1
Going to start on my stage 2 next week was wondering what is the easiest way to adjust the boost. I've read mixed opinions on both options and I know either way is an arse of a job, just wanted other peoples opinions.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
#2
Personally I would fit manual boost controller leave actuator in standard position and not mess with the preload. And yes not the most enjoyable job I've ever done on a car lol.
#3
Fitted an MBC is pretty easy tbh

And once its done, you can adjust it as many times as you want with ease ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
#4
All go well I will be going this way soon, can someone drop me a link to a suitable mbc please. Thankyou ThumbsUp
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
#5
I've got a few lad grab one when you pop up
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#6
Thanks people going to order an mbc then.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
#7
Make sure you get the ball and spring type and not bleed

I recomend one like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201145340805
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#8
Why spring/ball over bleed?
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
#9
Personally, I'd only ever use one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TurboSmart-Boo...3f3ab926f5

They work so so much better. If you are flush, use one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HKS-EVC-IV-4-E...2a40e4dda5

JP
JP
#10
They all bleed a little....not sure on the one JP put up though.
Wishes for more power...
#11
Bleed valves cause an artificial delay on the actuator, so you end up with a slightly less responsive arrangement and boost spikes.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#12
Yeah, they are naff tbh... A turbosmart one with a ball and spring (or even tbh some of the cheaper ball and spring ones) actually tend to speed up boost response by avoiding wastegate creep.

When I ran the electronic controller on my XUD you should have felt the difference in how it spooled up with it turned on and turned off. Much much harder and about 500rpm earlier!!

JP
JP
#13
261526791351 check out this item number on ebay currently using phone. But I used this mbc and seems very good very happy with it.
#14
This is the one I ordered in the end: http://bit.ly/LCfjeE it's the spring and ball type.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boost controller GFB G-FORCE II loli_04 6 4,902 18-03-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: loli_04
  Wastegate actuator DeeTurbo 1 2,430 17-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  electronic boost controller ??? Donkeybubles 5 3,498 16-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)