SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Ew10 is 85x88 xu9 is 83x88
Thanks given by:
Just spent £298 on 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s on black circles due to be fitted on Tuesday afternoon.

I spent a while looking into this and I couldnt beat black circles price...

£298 tyres from black circles and fitted at my local tyre place.

£312 tyres from local tyre place and fitted at local tyre place.

£298 tyres from camskill and fitted at my local tyre place (Not including Disposal and I would have to be in to take delivery).

its all to do with black circles buying in bulk and achieving economies of scale.
Thanks given by:
What tyres are you coming from? Should feel noticeably better if it's budget/mid-range
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-06-2014, 02:00 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: What tyres are you coming from? Should feel noticeably better if it's budget/mid-range

Yokohama's and goodyears.
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough then, decent tyres though oodles of grip
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to hearing how you get on with these

I've heard alot of great things about them, but they price have put me off as they ll be over 400 for me.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Tyres are being fitted today at 4pm. May get some of the brake dust off the wheels first!
Thanks given by:
CSB...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2014, 01:02 PM)SRowell Wrote: Tyres are being fitted today at 4pm. May get some of the brake dust off the wheels first!

Yep them wheels are f*cking flighty lol
Thanks given by:
New tyres fitted. It was raining last night but the grip was very good around some corners. The tracking is now out though as the steering is really twitchy.

Garage wasnt too happy about the spacers on the front as it took them about 10 minutes to put the front wheels back on again.

All nice and legal now Smile
Thanks given by:
Fitting new tyres won't affect your tracking, either it was out to begin with or you've got another problem. Or rainsports are as crap as i've made out and actually its just the car turning in rather than understeering everywhere. Wink I assume you've scrubbed the tyres in..? If not, they'll feel twitchy and skittish until they are.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
He was putting on pilot sport 3's I think? Lol so may well be something steering related.
Thanks given by:
Yep I have fitted 4 Pilot Sport 3s. The estate has brand new rainsports on it but they have never been on the 1.8.

Previous tyres were goodyear eagle F1s and yokohamas. The PS3s were only fitted yesterday and ive only experienced them in torrential rain so far but they were still very grippy.
Thanks given by:
Off with the old...

[Image: IMG_20140624_163905_zpsf319z6nw.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140624_164623_zps06r340ry.jpg]

and in with the new!

[Image: IMG_20140624_165214_zpsvh5cafpv.jpg]

Still not entirely convinced. Under load there is a lot of vibration which there wasnt before!
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2014, 11:39 AM)Poodle Wrote: Fitting new tyres won't affect your tracking, either it was out to begin with or you've got another problem. Or rainsports are as crap as i've made out and actually its just the car turning in rather than understeering everywhere. Wink I assume you've scrubbed the tyres in..? If not, they'll feel twitchy and skittish until they are.

It was tracked with the previous f*cked tyres so I reckon they were scrubbed one way due to poor tracking, tracked to compensate and now the new tyres are fitted it's out again.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I gotta say i was thinking at fcs your tires were looking very tiered,

what do you think on the rainsports?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 08:03 PM)puglove Wrote: I gotta say i was thinking at fcs your tires were looking very tiered,

what do you think on the rainsports?

Theyre Michelin Pilot Sport 3s not rainsports. Poodle said they were rainsports and its stuck! As I said previously the estate still has 3 new rainsports on it but one had a blow out Sad

The PS3s are good. I dont know how grippy decent tyres should be but they are definitely better than the old ones and I can put it into corners a lot faster than before.

yeh the previous tyres came with the fondmetals which were off a capri. They had been stored for years so they were very old even before i got them!
Thanks given by:
I would of thought so the f1s have been discontinued for quite some time now lol

And ment were the rainsports any good on the estate?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
they still do F1's, just not so much in smaller sizes and they are all asymmetric now.
Thanks given by:
(28-06-2014, 08:19 PM)puglove Wrote: I would of thought so the f1s have been discontinued for quite some time now lol

And ment were the rainsports any good on the estate?

So... I thought they were great and everyone said the side walls were soft. The estate had chronic steering which I thought was soft side walls but actually turned out to be a completely ruined rear beam. They were rain sport 2s. For the price I'd say they are great.
Thanks given by:
Did the tyre people moan at your lows lol

nice to see them wheels clean,give us a shout if you need a hand doing your bm baker bits Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2014, 11:29 PM)7057sam Wrote: Did the tyre people moan at your lows lol

nice to see them wheels clean,give us a shout if you need a hand doing your bm baker bits Smile

They didnt moan about the lows as their jack just about fitted under. They did however moan about the spacers. The coilovers made a noise as they lowered the car and they asked if i was running cut springs. I said i wasnt quite that pikey! D: How rude of them to suggest such a thing.

Yeh its a bit different to see them clean isnt it. I dont know whether to do a quick respray on them or not just to get the centres looking a bit nicer. Problem is im using the car all the time and i havent got another set of wheels that will fit... not that these fit anyway...

Yeh i could do with a hand with the baker bm stuff really but time is limited! D: Maybe Ill take next friday off work to do it all.
Thanks given by:
Quick update...

Its been through the car wash so its clean! Ive done some pikey lacquer resprays where the lacquer was peeling to try and seal it up to stop it going back any further.

I lost one of the balancing screws from the throttlebodies which mean i was losing fuel air mix on cylinder 4 and as such I got 200 miles to a full tank of fuel! I met up with Niall at Ace who fitted a bolt in the hole to seal it up and since then its idled better and MPG has returned.

[Image: IMG_20140629_135451_zps3d7ijxcn.jpg]

I have now reordered the balancing screw and the balancing tool from Jenvey at vast expense! Should be interesting to see if balancing actually makes a difference.

I havent really got any free time before Pugfest but ideally I would like to get some of the BakerBM bits on the car and respray the mirrors, wiper arms and scuttle panel. Maybe Ill strip the rear out a bit more. One thing I definitely plan to do is make my stripped rear seat upper sections. Ill give that a go later.
Thanks given by:
did you sort the centre cap problem? as i was thinking you might get away with the centre caps from the pepper pots from the Fiestas, as you did get those in a none badge too.
Also i have had tyres that were older than the car! they were p600s and i tell you something, the car would wheel spin in 2nd gear in the dry! They were that hard wearing! the date on them were 1988/1989! so they were well 5 years older than the car at the time.
Thanks given by:
Balancing screw and proper balanced setup will make a noticeable difference! Id be doing that rather than painting stuff!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I havent even had time to paint things yet! I now have the replacement parts and the balancing tool. Just need to get round to doing it!
Thanks given by:
Well after pugfest/hill runs, can you comment on the tyres?

I plan on also putting 4 of these all round and just curious. Smile
Thanks given by:
I doubt the tyres were tested to any extent..

You got the wishbones sorted mate?? Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Why's that? I wasnt there so just curious pal
Thanks given by:
Also intrigued now? Sam's on Meyle wishbones iirc! Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 222,105 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,759 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,225 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore