Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2014
Location: North London
Car Model/Spec: 306 Roadster 2.0 16v
Hi All,
Bought the car with the problem known (lots of fun at drive-throughs and dartford toll) but wasn't sure if it was an issue with the electrics side of things or the mechanical.
Pulled door card off and found a couple of sheared wires, the pictures explain things better than I do.
I'm aware that you can get a 'repair kit' and also the motor etc. Was wondering what I needed and whether or not it's a relatively straight forward job to do!
Also, notice genius bodge from previous owner
Brown plug wasn't plugged into anything? Ignore yellow, it's from the speaker
Genius!
Posts: 1,204
Threads: 195
Joined: Jul 2013
Reputation:
6
Location: Wolverhampton
Car Model/Spec: 2000 Xs 1.8 16v
I would just get a second hand complete part and stick it in. Very simple to do.
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2014
Location: North London
Car Model/Spec: 306 Roadster 2.0 16v
Posts: 1,204
Threads: 195
Joined: Jul 2013
Reputation:
6
Location: Wolverhampton
Car Model/Spec: 2000 Xs 1.8 16v
05-07-2014, 08:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 08:03 PM by underground375.)
That's the one. There a little white peg that holds the green runner to the window! Don't forget to pull that off! I learned the hard way by smashing my window :O
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2014
Location: North London
Car Model/Spec: 306 Roadster 2.0 16v
05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 08:23 PM by jakeshah.)
Lovely, ta! Noted, I'll make sure I pull that off! Do you know whether I can just get a standard one for the 3 door or whether there is a specific one for the cabrio?
Also, correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't seen a functioning one before/haven't yet looked at the passenger side but is the regulator/motor itself missing. The first picture I posted looks as though it should have the motor bolted on somewhere on the left hand side?
Posts: 1,204
Threads: 195
Joined: Jul 2013
Reputation:
6
Location: Wolverhampton
Car Model/Spec: 2000 Xs 1.8 16v
There all the same 99% sure.
Posts: 27
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2014
Location: North London
Car Model/Spec: 306 Roadster 2.0 16v
As I suspected the motor is indeed missing, so I'm going to have to get a complete second hand unit it looks like. Having looked at the glass on the 3 door hatch and the glass here it looks as though they are different because there is no angled bit at the a-pillar. This makes me thing that the regulator will be different in order to hold the glass. Could be wrong though...
Does anybody on here know anybody who is selling one that's off a cabrio, if so that would be a world of help!