Morning all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning all
Hey folks. Thought I'd drop in and say hi, as I'll probably be hanging round here a bit more now the GTi6 forum seems to have completely died on its arse. The last time I was playing with 306s they were actually worth money and not so many people were tuning them, so there's a lot of new parts and mods I know nothing about.

I've owned my black Rallye for nearly 10 years now (and a P2 white 6 for a bit before that), kept perfectly standard and in decent enough nick until very recently. I've read a few comments about how they're starting to go up in value now; well 18 months ago I couldn't give it away!

I used to be quite active in the 6/rallye club and got into trackdays with them, moving on to racing, briefly - the Rallye never saw the track, I went through a selection of Vauxhalls instead. I had to knock that on the head because of a career change, kids and wedding, but retained my license and I'm hoping to get back into it with the Rallye in the next year or so. The rad gave up spectacularly, and caused HG failure, so I had it repaired then parked it for a more reliable family car, while collecting shinies for it. It's done nearly 170k, and after 10 years I'm more sentimentally attached to it than a grand or so could replace.

I'm building it to CTCRC pre-2005 spec, it's away having its cage fitted at the moment, but when it's back I'll start up a project thread, if there's interest.

[Image: image_zpsafa53f9e.jpg]

Laters!
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club mate, loving the love for the 306, 10 years is a good long whack . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ta. I got so fed up with my 6 breaking all the time, it was a proper Friday afternoon car. When I sold it I said I'd only come back to a 306 if it was a black Rallye, the rarest of the rare. 6 months later this came up at a reasonable price; I flew from Essex up to Scotland and drove it back the same day.

It's been a daily driver, used as a workhorse lugging a mate's spares and wheels all over the country while he raced, laid up for a bit, then back to the 2nd family car before being garaged for the last couple of years. Love for the Rallye indeed!
Thanks given by:
Welcome teej Wink good to see you over this way. Recently joined up myself.
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2014, 05:13 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Welcome teej Wink good to see you over this way. Recently joined up myself.

And we are still trying to get rid of him ^^^^^ lol

Welcome along fella.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Welcome along!

I think it would great if you could get a project thread up to include your race preparation.

Good to see you've used her properly! Smile
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2014, 05:27 PM)puglove Wrote:
(29-06-2014, 05:13 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Welcome teej Wink good to see you over this way. Recently joined up myself.

And we are still trying to get rid of him ^^^^^ lol

Welcome along fella.

Cheeky bugger! You know your proud to have a gentleman like me about Wink

And teej, as fooby says, would be good to see a project thread Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome along
i can see some interesting reading coming with the project thread Wink
Thanks given by:
Welcome mate!
Keen to see the progress with the car when its back Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Nice rallye
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Hello
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum buddy.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. This should be an interesting project Smile 7075Sam used to have a supercharged caged black rallye.
Thanks given by:
Another black rallye on 170k!! Big Grin

Hello and welcome sir Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the welcome, all. I'm amazed at how many Rallyes are still about on forums; I suppose they've stuck with "those who know".
Thanks given by:
Mines probably the roughest one still clinging onto roadworthyness lol

Also i spy a classic mini in the garage Tongue anything interesting?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morning All chugapug 7 1,325 22-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Last Post: kingy
  MORNING! Joe 14 2,910 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Last Post: kingy
  morning all! gareth7 6 1,644 11-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Kimmie