Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
Fair play to you, can't say I ever look forward to taking my dash out again..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Looking good frosty any more been done to it
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Well the dash is back in and all the bits seem to work on the drivers door so I must of done it right Smile.

I got the inlet off at the moment cuz I drilled and tapped it for a couple of take offs for boost gauge and boost comp.

Just waiting on a boost pipe to turn up so I can put the inlet back on. The need to sort air intake as have got some smaller piping so it will route better and sort out the exhaust and finish putting the inside back together
Thanks given by:
seems a shame to have a tiny turbo on it after all that...not guna jam in that GT2056s? you really wont regret it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looking great chap keep up the good work Smile
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't say it's a tiny turbo it's does have a good bottom end punch tbf. I'm sure at some point there will be a turbo change but not sure about the 2056 I got at the moment.

Also I do want to see what this turbo has got power wise and then maybe look into doing something but fir the time being the k03 is staying put
Thanks given by:
(30-04-2014, 09:01 PM)Frosty Wrote: Well the dash is back in and all the bits seem to work on the drivers door so I must of done it right Smile.

I got the inlet off at the moment cuz I drilled and tapped it for a couple of take offs for boost gauge and boost comp.

Just waiting on a boost pipe to turn up so I can put the inlet back on. The need to sort air intake as have got some smaller piping so it will route better and sort out the exhaust and finish putting the inside back together

This is not good frost! ^^ poor turbo is getting strangled.

and tbh....the k03 does pull fairly well, awesome everyday turbo that I would be quite happy with.
Thanks given by:
(01-05-2014, 10:10 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(30-04-2014, 09:01 PM)Frosty Wrote: Well the dash is back in and all the bits seem to work on the drivers door so I must of done it right Smile.

This is not good frost! ^^ poor turbo is getting strangled.

and tbh....the k03 does pull fairly well, awesome everyday turbo that I would be quite happy with.

Yeah but the 70mm just rubbed every where the way i have it routed and i can't think of any other way to route it. Only going do to 63mm though anyway so not a massive down size. We will see is a few mm really does make a difference Wink
Thanks given by:
The ko3 you got frosty is the same size as gt17 ant it you gonna run the piping the same way or as jimbo got it

Thanks given by:
Yeah apparently a similar size to a gt17. Chris had it apart and measured it. I'm happy with it for now tbh. It pulls ok i think but of course be better to have a bigger blower but not at the moment

Im going to route it the same way i had it cuz cant do it the way jimbo has it due to boost pipe in the way and i duuno about clearance on a ph1 bonnet as ph3 is a bit higher
Thanks given by:
Few more bits done to it. The dash is all back in just a few bits left to put in but thats pretty much all done

[Image: 97DC9737-81D7-41A6-90E8-261DCF5A4193_zpscyjacfaj.jpg]

I took my inlet off to tap that for a couple of take offs. 1 for boost gauge and other for boost comp.

[Image: 3E080CD7-E5FB-4F0B-9658-5D3C2DC6DBA2_zpsgp2zn9tk.jpg]

And got it fitted back on.

[Image: 19DBDD98-A47C-4D6F-A65C-AE99935DA85D_zps5y5ssseq.jpg]

Next think to do was sort the exhaust out. Once i finally got the right angle for the down pipe i need which was a 30 deg i had a look at sorting it but could seem to get it how i wanted it so mikey b kindly popped over and gave me a hand and welded it up proper nice. Made a good job of it and it seem to fit pretty well. Big thanks to Mike

[Image: ED9FF5BE-32D7-430A-9FE5-C83D19ACCB4F_zps9h2bczsh.jpg]

[Image: 9577CECB-49A9-4A68-914F-7939C0F24DB8_zpsrhbnxroj.jpg]

[Image: 3FE727E0-1E4F-459C-B556-306F3DB02994_zpsdvj9mmku.jpg]

[Image: 00C358D3-D8E3-4D0C-8FA7-32BC73CA910D_zpsqkp4hnfj.jpg]

Now i got the exhaust sorted i can finish off all the other bits in the engine bay. I will proberly drop the exhaust off again to give the hangers a lick of paint and spray the mild steel bits to try and stop it rusting.

I have got the roof lining all back in now and hope there is no leak anymore. Once i had done the roof lining and put the C pillars back in i fort i would just change the brake light bulbs that i had out on the passenger side so changed the bulb and it still didn't work. So i found i wire had broke of where the light conversion had been done. For some reason the wiring hadn't been done very well and still had the old plugs there for some reason so i set about re doing that.

Before

[Image: 5F93FC21-2153-46F7-B765-19503E0D25C0_zpslvxukmym.jpg]

And after

[Image: AAFBD9BC-CE91-42CE-B6C1-9ADDF8191864_zpspi3efhgz.jpg]

It all seems to work now. Hopefully get some more done this weekend as need to crack on as i want it on the road ASAP as i want to have it at FCS
Thanks given by:
Need to pop up and have a nose around this again, make sure the work is up to standard Tongue

Is the engine all plumbed up ? Boost pipes and that?

Last time I saw it, it had no engine in.

Should be just a case of finishing interior isn't it?
Thanks given by:
That's k frost no probs glad it fits ok

Thanks given by:
(15-05-2014, 01:11 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Need to pop up and have a nose around this again, make sure the work is up to standard Tongue

Is the engine all plumbed up ? Boost pipes and that?

Last time I saw it, it had no engine in.

Should be just a case of finishing interior isn't it?

Yeah you'll have to pop over soon.

No intercooler pipes at the moment as there off for easier access to the exhaust. Need to get that sorted and air feed. Yeah and finish putting interior in after I give it a good hover. Need to get the seats from Craig as well.

(15-05-2014, 01:29 PM)mikey b Wrote: That's k frost no probs glad it fits ok

Was a big help. Surprised how well we got it to fit
Thanks given by:
So the car is now back on the road and all seems ok so far (touch wood). I got a few bits done that i had left to do before it got put back on the road. I dropped the exhaust back off and sprayed it with some high temp paint. Made it look pretty tidy and hopefully stop any of it rusting.

[Image: 37A65CF4-A174-4FC0-B64F-C59F636C1E1D_zps2ayzkqxz.jpg]

I also took the in tank pick up/filter out to check to see what that was like after seeing mike's i fort it would be a good idea and turned out it was

[Image: 9CEC3B69-28F3-4B4A-8B57-2E170999BCDA_zpssaoephtk.jpg]

Had a few other finishing off bits like fit the air intake that i down sized slightly to 63mm but still a tight fit. Re fitted the interior that i now got the ph1 gti6 seats that craig had in his d turbo. Think the drives seat is a bit bent so i will keep an eye out for some more ph1 gti6 seats but its fine for now. I gave it a wash and polish for the first time in 6 months and ended up having to mop the bonnet as it had a few marks on and someone at work felt the need to write 'I love c*ck' on the bonnet which i wasn't to happy about.

A pic of the engine bay though i dont think it is much different to what it was before.

[Image: 6E6D0D4E-2AD0-4591-9B30-1BDEBB61EFC6_zpsg6cgwg85.jpg]

Oh and got the challengers back on and got some number plates without the GB badge on them

[Image: E989B977-9B33-4135-98F2-F5703D476434_zps1xwk6aj6.jpg]

Thank thats it for now. Its just a case of drive it and hope its all ok and it will be at FCS
Thanks given by:
Looking swish mate Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Been up to see this today it's looking good mr frost

Thanks given by:
Cheers, pretty pleased with it at the moment.

Yeah standard issue down my work ay mike couple 306s on the ramps lol
Thanks given by:
Makes me wish I still had a 306, so much more fun than a 407 but nowhere near as refined
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Its now been back on the road for over a week and done about 300 miles. Had a few little issues that I have had to sort. The oil temp wasn't working which wasn't the end of the world but obviously I want it to work so tracked the issue down to the sensor not earthing out for some reason so fixed that by running a separate earth to the temp sensor and that's all sorted.

Need issue was an annoying squeak coming from the o/s front suspension. Was doing it pretty much all the time unless it was a very smooth road and did it when shacking the steering wheel. I fort I had tracked the issue down to it being the drop link but the noise come back the day after so then fitted a new ball joint and that now seems to have sorted it.

Nothing else to really do before FCS. I do want to give it an oil change and flush the coolant but I think it is looking more likely for that to happen after FCS. And I will sneak a pic in of this next to Jimbos new project Smile

[Image: 9A68426C-AAF5-4943-960D-C84F27A3E110_zps6dx8qiis.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had same issue with oil temp n pressure...common issue I beleive as the sandwich plate is alloy and not much contact to block/earth.

Glad she all good Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it did confuse me a bit with the temp sensor. I never had the issue when it was fitted to the old engine
Thanks given by:
Yep the oil pressure was a bit odd and the ball joint you took of was pretty buggerd nothing worse than a annoying noise

Thanks given by:
I got a creak I need to narrow down...very annoying so good you found it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just noticed the gunk in the tank strainer....tell me...why is there always red flakey bits in there??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Im not sure what the red bits are but the tank strainers always seems to have them bits in there
Thanks given by:
So I'm guessing you've relocated washer bottle and have cut holes to accomodate for the FMIC route?

No arch liners either?

Just wondering whether to go the same way I went last time like this:

[Image: IMG_1315.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1277.jpg]

Or something slightly different like yours.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Or go over the top?

Shortest route is best essentially no?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2014, 01:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: Or go over the top?

Shortest route is best essentially no?!

Over the top of...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
The radiator.

In my last page of my thread theres a pic of my setup...may need to cut a bit of slam panel but it saves a LOT of agro and removal of stuff plus its a shorter route
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,647 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 9,935 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 94,220 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty